FYI - Yahoo announcement

  • mpetzolt
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2004
      Passing this on to you from yahoo... FYI

      Dear Yahoo! Groups Members,

      Due to a recent outbreak of computer viruses being transmitted via
      email messages on the internet, Yahoo! Groups is experiencing delays
      in delivering group messages. To improve performance, and to help
      reduce the spread of viruses to our users, Yahoo! Groups has had to
      temporarily reject some messages.

      Based on an advisory posted by a leading anti-virus company, Groups
      will temporarily reject messages with the following subject lines:

      test
      hi
      hello
      Mail Delivery System
      Mail Transaction Failed
      Server Report
      Status
      Error
      If you have attempted to post a message to Yahoo! Groups and have
      received a rejection notice with a link to this page, your computer
      may have been infected. If you are confident that your computer is
      not infected but your message was rejected, please try posting a new
      message with a subject line which is different than those listed
      above.

      We can assure you that this is only a temporary measure and hope to
      restore message delivery to normal as soon as possible.

      The Yahoo! Groups Team