Trying something new... need your assistance

  • mpetzolt
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2004
      Hi all,

      One of the things I thought of doing while I've been ill is to
      develop a database of the surnames we are researching. I need your
      help to see if this will work :)

      Right now, I am only doing one table in the DATABASE section for
      surnames A through E -- no sense in doing all the work to set them
      all up til we see if this works, or fix anything that doesn't work.

      SO.... if you have any Slovak surnames A through E you can help
      out... it does not matter if they are in the old country or US or
      wherever, the database has a section for location.

      I put in a sample one... you can see it there.. but here is how I
      think it can work.

      We will have tables covering all the alphabet eventually... a space
      to list surname (and variations of spelling), location, your name and
      your email address.

      This is a list only, there is no space to include details.

      If you have those surnames, please go and add your info and we'll see
      how it works. I will check back in a few days and see what the
      reaction is, and if we need to fix anything.

      I'm wondering if we will have space to add years? Do you think that
      is needed? If we have space enough, maybe we can add that.

      If you have any suggestions, comments etc, please email me at
      maurasminis@... If this works, I am hoping to have databases
      covering A-Z, and depending on how much storage we use (yahoo can be
      limited ) maybe also do location database too. I think many of us are
      researching similar names and places but don't know it.

      Let's see if this works.. hope so!

      Maura
    • Janet Thompson