Re: Perz as a family name.

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2004
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "coramund" <coramund@h...> wrote:
      > Has anyone heard of this name or known anyone with it. It was my
      > father's father's last name when he came to the U.S., but when the
      > arrived in Chicago, the public schools changed it to Bertz.
      >
      > sincerely,

      What language did your GF speak if he had emigrated to the US ?
      What was his first name ? What year ?

      Probably 450-650 surname Perz bearers just in the USA.
      Ellis Island Records list 202 surnames Perz from Spain, Cuba, Italy, Poland,
      Germany , Austria (Gottschee), Turkey, Yugoslavia, etc.

      RootsWeb's gedcom files list 262 surnames Perz.
      A Perz born in IL in 1892 was a steel mill worker in Chicago IL in 1930.

      Frank K
    • Gil K.