RE: [S-R] Map of Slovakia

  • Helen France
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2004
      Hi Bill:

      I have one that was purchased by my Mother many years ago through Jednota.
      It's quite large - approx 27" X 48". I had checked
      with the Slovak Institute about a year ago. It wasn't available then, so I
      was pleased to find it now. My copy is rather ragged
      and I want to replace it. It isn't fancy but it does have all the villages
      with their "old" names.

      Hope this helps.

      Helen

        Those of you who are interested in good map of Slovakia may wish to check
        on this one. Some details follow, or check the Slovak Institute website.

        "In recent years, the research of surnames for Slovak immigrants coming to
        America has created a need for a new service by the Slovak Institute.
        Working with spellings of surnames and maps to identify old towns going back
        to that period of the Dual Monarchy (1867 to 1918) is made easy."

        This a large black and white map of Slovakia, designed and sold exclusively
        by the Slovak Institute - www.slovakinstitute.com - at $10.00 per map plus
        $2.00 for shipping and handling. If help is needed locating a town or a
        village in Slovakia, provide details with the order and they will include
        the information about the community.

        http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/FvNolB/TM

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT