Re: [S-R] Re: how to write village?

  • bemimitwo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3, 2004
      Don correct spelling for Frank..[. MIHALIK.] was looking at records and my
      sister had it wrong. frank also had a brother John but do not know Jons wifes
      name only that they had 3 children two boys and one girl.
      I would like to know more about the iarelated sasten graves of
      NEMECEK,MIHALIK,ZAK .
      Thank You again Jennifer

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 4, 2004
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, bemimitwo@a... wrote:
        > HI FRANK,
        > I DONT KNOW WHAT HIS FIRST NAME WAS YET BUT HOPE TO FIND OUT SOON
        . I WILL
        > AGAIN TRY TO ASK THE FAMILY IN CZ THEY ARE LISTED IN THE HODINEN]
        AREA [I KNOW
        > THAT'S NOT CORRECT SPELLING!]
        > THE TABLE CLOTH HAS LIONS ON IT BUT I HAVE SO MANY CZECH FAMILY IM
        NOT SORE
        > WHOS IT IS THERE ARE PRASEK, JISKRA,NEMECEK,SEDLAR AND COULD BE ANY
        ONE OF
        > THOSE SURS.
        > WEAVING AND NEEDLE WORK WAS COMMON IN THE FAMILY AND I HAVE EVEN AN
        OLD DOLL
        > COSTUME. THE NEMECEK SIDE WAS INVOLVED WITH AN OKENKA IN RESTORING
        THE KUZELOV
        > WINDMILL .
        > I HAVE ALSO A PAINTING OF MY GRANDMOTHER SITTING IN BACK OF THE
        MILL.
        > I SO WISH I WOULD HAVE LISTENED MORE TO THE STORY'S WHEN I WAS I
        LITTLE GIRL
        > THEY WERE SUCH A PROUD FAMILY AND FOR GOOD REASON!
        > OTHER FAMILY NAMES HRBAC,ZAK,JAGOS, MIHALIK,MIKLOSKO,TOMES
        > MAY BE I TALK TOO MUCH!
        > THANKS JENNIFER
        Lipov (1 church) is a small settlement located just east of
        Stráznice
        and 3 miles distant from Kuz^elov (2 churches).
        Kuz^elov is located 160 miles ESE of Praha in Moravia, Czech Republic.
        A even smaller settlement Malá Vrkba is located 2 miles distant
        from
        Kuz^elov and just south of Lipov.

        Ellis Island Records list 1,025 surnames ZAK and 27 surnames OKENKA
        who had emigrated to US 1892-1924.

        The surnames OKENKA were mainly from Malá Vrkba and 5 were from
        Kuz^elov.
        These surnames seemed to be associated with Toledo, Ohio.

        Nemecek is the 97th most common Czech surname.
        A diminutive form of the 21st most common Czech surname Nemec meaning
        "German",

        EIR list 116 surnames NEMECEK who emigrated to US, including 5
        surnames
        from Lipov and 4 surnames from Kuz^elov.

        In 1910, a Katerina Namecek, age 17, born in Malá Vrkba had
        emigrated to
        her brother's Jan (John) Nemecek address in Toledo, Ohio.

        Czech Archives
        http://czechcensus.tripod.com/archives.htm

      • bemimitwo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4, 2004
          The familles going to Toledo were all related or friends. front St. and then
          Caledonia St.these were OKENKA,ZAK,NEMECEK.AND JISKRAS I found in ellis
          island.
          i am still woundering about the katerina NAMECEK I also saw this name This
          person could have been a cousen to my grandmother? My grand mother was born 1895
          and that would have made her 15 that katerina was 17 but my grand mother did
          have a brother named jan now i really wounder?
          Also i was told that there was family in little vrkba ?
          I lost your last e mail trying to save it can you believe it?
          How do you get this EIR list from ELLIS ISLAND.
          thanks Frank
          jennifer