Re: [S-R] Re: how to write village?

  • bemimitwo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3, 2004
      Hi Don
      my uncles name was Facis MIHALEK born ? died 1975 of heart condition .
      Frank wed Rose JISKRA born 1920 died 2002. they lived in millbury ohio .
      they had two children Frank and Sylvia.....sylvia has passed away thursday of
      last week .
      is this relation?
      thanks jennifer

    • bemimitwo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3, 2004
        Don correct spelling for Frank..[. MIHALIK.] was looking at records and my
        sister had it wrong. frank also had a brother John but do not know Jons wifes
        name only that they had 3 children two boys and one girl.
        I would like to know more about the iarelated sasten graves of
        NEMECEK,MIHALIK,ZAK .
        Thank You again Jennifer

      • Frank
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4, 2004
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, bemimitwo@a... wrote:
          > HI FRANK,
          > I DONT KNOW WHAT HIS FIRST NAME WAS YET BUT HOPE TO FIND OUT SOON
          . I WILL
          > AGAIN TRY TO ASK THE FAMILY IN CZ THEY ARE LISTED IN THE HODINEN]
          AREA [I KNOW
          > THAT'S NOT CORRECT SPELLING!]
          > THE TABLE CLOTH HAS LIONS ON IT BUT I HAVE SO MANY CZECH FAMILY IM
          NOT SORE
          > WHOS IT IS THERE ARE PRASEK, JISKRA,NEMECEK,SEDLAR AND COULD BE ANY
          ONE OF
          > THOSE SURS.
          > WEAVING AND NEEDLE WORK WAS COMMON IN THE FAMILY AND I HAVE EVEN AN
          OLD DOLL
          > COSTUME. THE NEMECEK SIDE WAS INVOLVED WITH AN OKENKA IN RESTORING
          THE KUZELOV
          > WINDMILL .
          > I HAVE ALSO A PAINTING OF MY GRANDMOTHER SITTING IN BACK OF THE
          MILL.
          > I SO WISH I WOULD HAVE LISTENED MORE TO THE STORY'S WHEN I WAS I
          LITTLE GIRL
          > THEY WERE SUCH A PROUD FAMILY AND FOR GOOD REASON!
          > OTHER FAMILY NAMES HRBAC,ZAK,JAGOS, MIHALIK,MIKLOSKO,TOMES
          > MAY BE I TALK TOO MUCH!
          > THANKS JENNIFER
          Lipov (1 church) is a small settlement located just east of
          Stráznice
          and 3 miles distant from Kuz^elov (2 churches).
          Kuz^elov is located 160 miles ESE of Praha in Moravia, Czech Republic.
          A even smaller settlement Malá Vrkba is located 2 miles distant
          from
          Kuz^elov and just south of Lipov.

          Ellis Island Records list 1,025 surnames ZAK and 27 surnames OKENKA
          who had emigrated to US 1892-1924.

          The surnames OKENKA were mainly from Malá Vrkba and 5 were from
          Kuz^elov.
          These surnames seemed to be associated with Toledo, Ohio.

          Nemecek is the 97th most common Czech surname.
          A diminutive form of the 21st most common Czech surname Nemec meaning
          "German",

          EIR list 116 surnames NEMECEK who emigrated to US, including 5
          surnames
          from Lipov and 4 surnames from Kuz^elov.

          In 1910, a Katerina Namecek, age 17, born in Malá Vrkba had
          emigrated to
          her brother's Jan (John) Nemecek address in Toledo, Ohio.

          Czech Archives
          http://czechcensus.tripod.com/archives.htm

        • bemimitwo@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 4, 2004
            The familles going to Toledo were all related or friends. front St. and then
            Caledonia St.these were OKENKA,ZAK,NEMECEK.AND JISKRAS I found in ellis
            island.
            i am still woundering about the katerina NAMECEK I also saw this name This
            person could have been a cousen to my grandmother? My grand mother was born 1895
            and that would have made her 15 that katerina was 17 but my grand mother did
            have a brother named jan now i really wounder?
            Also i was told that there was family in little vrkba ?
            I lost your last e mail trying to save it can you believe it?
            How do you get this EIR list from ELLIS ISLAND.
            thanks Frank
            jennifer