Re: [S-R] Re: how to write village?

  • n8de@thepoint.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3 5:49 AM
      Jennifer,
      Two comments.
      First: Hodonin is located very near to the Slovak border. You should check:

      http://www.iarelative.com/sastin.htm

      you will find some of your surnames listed there. Perhaps I can help, as
      I am also descended from MIHALIK.

      Second: Please type in lower case except for surnames which you should
      put in capitals, as MIHALIK above. Makes for much easier-to-read text.

      Thanks!!
      Don Havlicek
      Connersville, IN

    • bemimitwo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3 2:54 PM
        Hi Don
        my uncles name was Facis MIHALEK born ? died 1975 of heart condition .
        Frank wed Rose JISKRA born 1920 died 2002. they lived in millbury ohio .
        they had two children Frank and Sylvia.....sylvia has passed away thursday of
        last week .
        is this relation?
        thanks jennifer

      • bemimitwo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 3 4:29 PM
          Don correct spelling for Frank..[. MIHALIK.] was looking at records and my
          sister had it wrong. frank also had a brother John but do not know Jons wifes
          name only that they had 3 children two boys and one girl.
          I would like to know more about the iarelated sasten graves of
          NEMECEK,MIHALIK,ZAK .
          Thank You again Jennifer

        • Frank
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 4 1:23 AM
            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, bemimitwo@a... wrote:
            > HI FRANK,
            > I DONT KNOW WHAT HIS FIRST NAME WAS YET BUT HOPE TO FIND OUT SOON
            . I WILL
            > AGAIN TRY TO ASK THE FAMILY IN CZ THEY ARE LISTED IN THE HODINEN]
            AREA [I KNOW
            > THAT'S NOT CORRECT SPELLING!]
            > THE TABLE CLOTH HAS LIONS ON IT BUT I HAVE SO MANY CZECH FAMILY IM
            NOT SORE
            > WHOS IT IS THERE ARE PRASEK, JISKRA,NEMECEK,SEDLAR AND COULD BE ANY
            ONE OF
            > THOSE SURS.
            > WEAVING AND NEEDLE WORK WAS COMMON IN THE FAMILY AND I HAVE EVEN AN
            OLD DOLL
            > COSTUME. THE NEMECEK SIDE WAS INVOLVED WITH AN OKENKA IN RESTORING
            THE KUZELOV
            > WINDMILL .
            > I HAVE ALSO A PAINTING OF MY GRANDMOTHER SITTING IN BACK OF THE
            MILL.
            > I SO WISH I WOULD HAVE LISTENED MORE TO THE STORY'S WHEN I WAS I
            LITTLE GIRL
            > THEY WERE SUCH A PROUD FAMILY AND FOR GOOD REASON!
            > OTHER FAMILY NAMES HRBAC,ZAK,JAGOS, MIHALIK,MIKLOSKO,TOMES
            > MAY BE I TALK TOO MUCH!
            > THANKS JENNIFER
            Lipov (1 church) is a small settlement located just east of
            Stráznice
            and 3 miles distant from Kuz^elov (2 churches).
            Kuz^elov is located 160 miles ESE of Praha in Moravia, Czech Republic.
            A even smaller settlement Malá Vrkba is located 2 miles distant
            from
            Kuz^elov and just south of Lipov.

            Ellis Island Records list 1,025 surnames ZAK and 27 surnames OKENKA
            who had emigrated to US 1892-1924.

            The surnames OKENKA were mainly from Malá Vrkba and 5 were from
            Kuz^elov.
            These surnames seemed to be associated with Toledo, Ohio.

            Nemecek is the 97th most common Czech surname.
            A diminutive form of the 21st most common Czech surname Nemec meaning
            "German",

            EIR list 116 surnames NEMECEK who emigrated to US, including 5
            surnames
            from Lipov and 4 surnames from Kuz^elov.

            In 1910, a Katerina Namecek, age 17, born in Malá Vrkba had
            emigrated to
            her brother's Jan (John) Nemecek address in Toledo, Ohio.

            Czech Archives
            http://czechcensus.tripod.com/archives.htm

          • bemimitwo@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 4 5:28 PM
              The familles going to Toledo were all related or friends. front St. and then
              Caledonia St.these were OKENKA,ZAK,NEMECEK.AND JISKRAS I found in ellis
              island.
              i am still woundering about the katerina NAMECEK I also saw this name This
              person could have been a cousen to my grandmother? My grand mother was born 1895
              and that would have made her 15 that katerina was 17 but my grand mother did
              have a brother named jan now i really wounder?
              Also i was told that there was family in little vrkba ?
              I lost your last e mail trying to save it can you believe it?
              How do you get this EIR list from ELLIS ISLAND.
              thanks Frank
              jennifer