Skorvaga

  • dconverset
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2004
      In the Mormons' films from Stara Bystrica, about 1750 we can see "Birmovani". How old were the children when they have Birmovani. Did they change first name ?
      When a woman died, what name was written on the books: her name from her father or her name from her husband?
      Thank you for your answer.
      Françoise

    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2004
        Birmovanie is usually in Grade 8 or 9 meaning the kids are 14 years or 15
        years old. Usually they take additional first name called Birmovne meno
        after favorite saint.

        When woman died they would record her name she took after husband and also
        the name before marriage. So for instance my wife would be recorded as
        Maria Linder rodena (nee) Cyprich.

        Vladimir

        At 11:44 AM 2/2/2004, you wrote:
        >In the Mormons' films from Stara Bystrica, about 1750 we can see
        >"Birmovani". How old were the children when they have Birmovani. Did they
        >change first name ?
        >When a woman died, what name was written on the books: her name from her
        >father or her name from her husband?
        >Thank you for your answer.
        >Françoise

        Vladimir Linder

        I do Genealogical research, Ancsestral Village Videos and Ancestral Village
        Photography in Slovakia.

        More information on:
        History of any village or town in Slovakia:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Books/histtrans.htm
        Genealogical research:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Genrsrch/genealogical_research.htm
        Ancestral Village Videos:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_videos.htm
        Ancestral Village Photography:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_photography.htm

        Slovak-English and English Slovak Translations US$35.00 per page

        Next Genealogical, Ancestral Village Videos and Photography trip starts on
        FEBRUARY 23, 2004

        To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
        My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-907-297-508

        Email: vlinder49@...

        Contact me for more details
        Vladimir Linder
        3804 Yale Street
        Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
        Phone/Fax: 1-604-291-8065, Cell: 1-604-889-4616
      • Peter Pikna
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2004
          Birmovani were ususally 13 - 20 years old before marriage. The Birmovka
          (confirmation) was served by bishop every 4-5 year.
          Peter

          >From: "dconverset" <dconverset@...>
          >To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: [S-R] Skorvaga
          >Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 20:44:37 +0100
          >
          >In the Mormons' films from Stara Bystrica, about 1750 we can see
          >"Birmovani". How old were the children when they have Birmovani. Did they
          >change first name ?
          >When a woman died, what name was written on the books: her name from her
          >father or her name from her husband?
          >Thank you for your answer.
          >Fran�oise

          Plan your week with MSN Weather- http://www.msn.sk/weather/
        • dconverset
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 9, 2004
            Thanks to Peter and Vladimir for their answer.

            Why ,on church record from the Mormons of Stara Bystrica, I can't find so many acts ?
            I find Christening (Krsteni ) without any wedding (sobaseni ) act of the parents.I found death ( zomreli) without any other acts.Was it possible near 1750 people can have children without marriage ?
            I also found many people who have the same name and sometimes the same first name and the same name.Was it possible people can change first name along the life according to the different acts?
            Thank you for your answer

            Françoise

          • Vladimir Bohinc
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 9, 2004
              Dear Francoise,
              If you are talking about Rc, then the records are from 1689.
              However, if you can not find the marriage in the records of Stara Bystrica, prior to the birth of the oldest child, then the marriage took place in some other parish. Here it is, where the real research begins.
              You must bear in mind, that people did not get married always with partners from the same village. If the bride was from another parish, then the marriage took place there. You must find out where.
              Regards,
              Vladimir Bohinc

              Thanks to Peter and Vladimir for their answer.

              Why ,on church record from the Mormons of Stara Bystrica, I can't find so many acts ?
              I find Christening (Krsteni ) without any wedding (sobaseni ) act of the parents.I found death ( zomreli) without any other acts.Was it possible near 1750 people can have children without marriage ?
              I also found many people who have the same name and sometimes the same first name and the same name.Was it possible people can change first name along the life according to the different acts?
              Thank you for your answer

              Françoise

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              http://www.eset.sk

            • Frank
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 9, 2004
                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "dconverset" <dconverset@w...> wrote:
                > Thanks to Peter and Vladimir for their answer.
                >
                > Why ,on church record from the Mormons of Stara Bystrica, I can't find so=
                many acts ?
                > I find Christening (Krsteni ) without any wedding (sobaseni ) act of the =
                parents.I found death ( zomreli) without any other
                acts.Was it possible near 1750 people can have children without marriage ?
                > I also found many people who have the same name and sometimes the same fi=
                rst name and the same name.Was it
                possible people can change first name along the life according to the diffe=
                rent acts?
                > Thank you for your answer
                >
                > Fran?se

                I looked in LDS-Mormon catalog of microfilms for Roman Catholic
                parish registers of baptisms, marriages, deaths for Stará Bystrica,
                Slovakia.
                Text in Latin and Hungarian.

                5 films
                2058229-2058233

                krstensí (baptisms) 1669-1895
                sobás^eni (marriages) 1698-1907
                zomreli (deaths) 1669-1904

                At what FHC did you read your microfilms ?
                Françoise est une épellation française de prénom.

                Frank K
                > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed
              • dconverset
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 11, 2004
                  Who can say me what records from the mormons I have to read, . My ancestors went in France from Stara Bystrica. I read all the rolls of that parish and I don't find some acts. What parish I have to read?
                  Is there rolls for the men who enrolled in the army in about 1795 or 1800 ? The Osterreich Archiv say me the mormons have filmed them. They can't look for them because they were not alphabetic.

                  Thank you and scuse me for my english. ( I'm french)
                  Françoise

                • Peter Pikna
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 12, 2004
                    I made a research in Stara Bystrica in birth and marriage registers 1820 -
                    1880. They are archived in the Regional State archive in Bytca (Slovakia).
                    If you need more help, with research in this location, you can write me on
                    address ppik90@.... My daughter is speaking in French and she is
                    able to write to you the results in French language. (She is now near
                    Strasbourg).

                    >From: "dconverset" <dconverset@...>
                    >To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
                    >Subject: [S-R] Skorvaga
                    >Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:05:54 +0100
                    >
                    >Who can say me what records from the mormons I have to read, . My ancestors
                    >went in France from Stara Bystrica. I read all the rolls of that parish and
                    >I don't find some acts. What parish I have to read?
                    >Is there rolls for the men who enrolled in the army in about 1795 or 1800 ?
                    > The Osterreich Archiv say me the mormons have filmed them. They can't
                    >look for them because they were not alphabetic.
                    >
                    >Thank you and scuse me for my english. ( I'm french)
                    >Fran�oise

                    Chat with your friends in real time - FREE download - MSN Messenger 6.0
                    http://messenger.msn.sk