Re: [S-R] Dobsina

  • Thomas Reimer
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
      For information on Dobschau/Dobsina and Carpathian Germans in general check
      the Carpathian German Homepage on

      http://www.geocities.com/ycrtmr

      and the many links on it. Also, there is finally a translation in English of
      the

      Leidensweg der Karpatendeutschen 1944-1946: Eine Dokumentation (Stuttgart:
      Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Karpatendeutschen, 1983, 2nd ed. 1995). It is now
      available as:

      Road of Suffering of the Carpathian-Germans 1944-1946: A Documentation
      (published by the Carpathian German Landsmannchaft, USA, in 2002)

      To order the book, send a check or money order of $24 (includes postage) to:

      Carpathian Germans in USA and Canada,
      John E. Scholtz, Secretary,
      14100 Worthington Road,
      Philadelphia, PA 19116

      Thomas

        > Hello everybody - I am new to this group. I am in the process of
        > tracking down german ancestors from Dobsina SK. I am interested in
        > finding out what may have happened to them post WWII - whether
        > deported ... I have had trouble finding articles related to this
        > town during this era. Any info would be greatly appreciated,
        >
        > Thanks BK

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT