Name

  • eternallysealed8
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2004
      Hello,
      If a mans name is Edward in english could there be a differewnt
      name in slovak or hungarian? Thanks Barb
    • William
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 12 4:02 PM
        My surname has been spelled as "Brna" as far back as I can find. I
        have traced my father's family back to December, 1728 to the oldest
        son of parents named Rosa and Ondre Brna. I know nothing further
        about them, just their names. The name itself is found in the Urbar
        (1600, from Cernova), but I have been unable to trace a connection .
        The only variation that I have found is "Berna", which is the way that
        one of my uncles spelled it because a teacher told my cousin that one
        could not have three consonants in a row in English.

        William F. Brna