Re: [S-R] how to write village?

  • Vladimir Linder
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2004
      aS LONG YOU HAVE HIS BIRTH VILLAGE i CAN FIND EVERYTHING.

      At 10:59 AM 1/31/2004, you wrote:
      > HI GROUP!
      >I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON MY GREAT GRANDFATHER TOMAS M. JISKRA AND KEEP GETTING
      >NO PLACE. HE WAS FROM LIPOV NOT SURE IF HE WAS BORN THERE BUT LIVED THERE AND
      >STARTED HIS FAMILY THERE.
      >HE WAS BORN 1866 CZ AND DIED IN TOLEDO OHIO. HE MARRIED CATERINA SEDLAR BORN
      >1866 CZ AND DIED 1931 NORTHWOOD OHIO.
      >CHILDREN TOMAS, CATERN, ANNA, JNO ALL CAME TO USA ABOUT 1913
      >THERE WAS SOME TALK OF GREAT GRAND FATHER BEING ADOPTED BY FAMILY
      >SAME LAST NAME POSSIBLE SISTERS?
      >HOW WOULD I FIND THIS OUT? OR WHO SHOULD I CONTACT?
      > THANK YOU JENNIFER

      >To unsubscribe from this group, go to
      ><http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS>http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS

      > *
      > <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > *

      Vladimir Linder

      I do Genealogical research, Ancsestral Village Videos and Ancestral Village
      Photography in Slovakia.

      More information on:
      History of any village or town in Slovakia:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Books/histtrans.htm
      Genealogical research:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Genrsrch/genealogical_research.htm
      Ancestral Village Videos:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_videos.htm
      Ancestral Village Photography:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_photography.htm

      Slovak-English and English Slovak Translations US$35.00 per page

      Next Genealogical, Ancestral Village Videos and Photography trip starts on
      FEBRUARY 23, 2004

      To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
      My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-907-297-508

      Email: vlinder49@...

      Contact me for more details
      Vladimir Linder
      3804 Yale Street
      Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
      Phone/Fax: 1-604-291-8065, Cell: 1-604-889-4616
    • Frank
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, bemimitwo@a... wrote:
        > HI GROUP!
        > I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON MY GREAT GRANDFATHER TOMAS M. JISKRA AND
        KEEP GETTING
        > NO PLACE. HE WAS FROM LIPOV NOT SURE IF HE WAS BORN THERE BUT LIVED
        THERE AND
        > STARTED HIS FAMILY THERE.
        > HE WAS BORN 1866 CZ AND DIED IN TOLEDO OHIO. HE MARRIED CATERINA
        SEDLAR BORN
        > 1866 CZ AND DIED 1931 NORTHWOOD OHIO.
        > CHILDREN TOMAS, CATERN, ANNA, JNO ALL CAME TO USA ABOUT 1913
        > THERE WAS SOME TALK OF GREAT GRAND FATHER BEING ADOPTED BY FAMILY
        > SAME LAST NAME POSSIBLE SISTERS?
        > HOW WOULD I FIND THIS OUT? OR WHO SHOULD I CONTACT?
        > THANK YOU JENNIFER

        Jennifer,

        Ako sa más^ ? Slovak
        Jak se máte ? Czech

        Jiskra looks like a Czech surname.
        Czech-Bohemia (including Moravia 1849-1918) was a kingdom

        (10th century-1918) and part of the Österreichisch-ungarische
        Monarchie,
        or in English, Austro-Hungarian Monarchy.
        It was an Austrian Kronland (province)
        Both German and Czech languages were used.

        Mähren => Maehren => Marin => Moravia.
        Mähren was an Austrian Crownland located East of Böhmen
        (Bohemia).
        Its capital was Brünn (Brno).
        Mähren had been a separate crownland until 1849 when it became a
        part
        of Böhmen (Bohemia) together with Österreichisch-Schleisen
        (Austrian-Silesia)

        Lipov is located 156 miles ESE of Praha in the Czech Republic and not
        in
        Slovakia.

        The LDS-Mormons have filmed the parish church records at the Slovakia
        State
        Archives. The film rental is only anout $3.50 per film at your local
        FHC.

        But, not in the Czech Republic because the Czech Archives wanted to
        keep
        this business for themselves.

        You can write the Czech Archives to do the surname research which is
        more expensive.
        Records are written in Czech, German, and Latin.

        You can write them in German, Czech, or English.
        The research report would be written only in Czech.
        If you don't know Czech, you will need to get the narrative report
        translated.

        Czech Archives URLs.

        http://www2.genealogy.net/gene/reg/SUD/sudet_crarch_en.html

        http://www.netway.at/ihff/b.htm