how to write village?

  • bemimitwo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2004
      HI GROUP!
      I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON MY GREAT GRANDFATHER TOMAS M. JISKRA AND KEEP GETTING
      NO PLACE. HE WAS FROM LIPOV NOT SURE IF HE WAS BORN THERE BUT LIVED THERE AND
      STARTED HIS FAMILY THERE.
      HE WAS BORN 1866 CZ AND DIED IN TOLEDO OHIO. HE MARRIED CATERINA SEDLAR BORN
      1866 CZ AND DIED 1931 NORTHWOOD OHIO.
      CHILDREN TOMAS, CATERN, ANNA, JNO ALL CAME TO USA ABOUT 1913
      THERE WAS SOME TALK OF GREAT GRAND FATHER BEING ADOPTED BY FAMILY
      SAME LAST NAME POSSIBLE SISTERS?
      HOW WOULD I FIND THIS OUT? OR WHO SHOULD I CONTACT?
      THANK YOU JENNIFER

    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2004
        aS LONG YOU HAVE HIS BIRTH VILLAGE i CAN FIND EVERYTHING.

        At 10:59 AM 1/31/2004, you wrote:
        > HI GROUP!
        >I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON MY GREAT GRANDFATHER TOMAS M. JISKRA AND KEEP GETTING
        >NO PLACE. HE WAS FROM LIPOV NOT SURE IF HE WAS BORN THERE BUT LIVED THERE AND
        >STARTED HIS FAMILY THERE.
        >HE WAS BORN 1866 CZ AND DIED IN TOLEDO OHIO. HE MARRIED CATERINA SEDLAR BORN
        >1866 CZ AND DIED 1931 NORTHWOOD OHIO.
        >CHILDREN TOMAS, CATERN, ANNA, JNO ALL CAME TO USA ABOUT 1913
        >THERE WAS SOME TALK OF GREAT GRAND FATHER BEING ADOPTED BY FAMILY
        >SAME LAST NAME POSSIBLE SISTERS?
        >HOW WOULD I FIND THIS OUT? OR WHO SHOULD I CONTACT?
        > THANK YOU JENNIFER

        >To unsubscribe from this group, go to
        ><http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS>http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS

        > *
        > <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > *

        Vladimir Linder

        I do Genealogical research, Ancsestral Village Videos and Ancestral Village
        Photography in Slovakia.

        More information on:
        History of any village or town in Slovakia:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Books/histtrans.htm
        Genealogical research:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Genrsrch/genealogical_research.htm
        Ancestral Village Videos:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_videos.htm
        Ancestral Village Photography:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_photography.htm

        Slovak-English and English Slovak Translations US$35.00 per page

        Next Genealogical, Ancestral Village Videos and Photography trip starts on
        FEBRUARY 23, 2004

        To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
        My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-907-297-508

        Email: vlinder49@...

        Contact me for more details
        Vladimir Linder
        3804 Yale Street
        Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
        Phone/Fax: 1-604-291-8065, Cell: 1-604-889-4616
      • Frank
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, bemimitwo@a... wrote:
          > HI GROUP!
          > I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON MY GREAT GRANDFATHER TOMAS M. JISKRA AND
          KEEP GETTING
          > NO PLACE. HE WAS FROM LIPOV NOT SURE IF HE WAS BORN THERE BUT LIVED
          THERE AND
          > STARTED HIS FAMILY THERE.
          > HE WAS BORN 1866 CZ AND DIED IN TOLEDO OHIO. HE MARRIED CATERINA
          SEDLAR BORN
          > 1866 CZ AND DIED 1931 NORTHWOOD OHIO.
          > CHILDREN TOMAS, CATERN, ANNA, JNO ALL CAME TO USA ABOUT 1913
          > THERE WAS SOME TALK OF GREAT GRAND FATHER BEING ADOPTED BY FAMILY
          > SAME LAST NAME POSSIBLE SISTERS?
          > HOW WOULD I FIND THIS OUT? OR WHO SHOULD I CONTACT?
          > THANK YOU JENNIFER

          Jennifer,

          Ako sa más^ ? Slovak
          Jak se máte ? Czech

          Jiskra looks like a Czech surname.
          Czech-Bohemia (including Moravia 1849-1918) was a kingdom

          (10th century-1918) and part of the Österreichisch-ungarische
          Monarchie,
          or in English, Austro-Hungarian Monarchy.
          It was an Austrian Kronland (province)
          Both German and Czech languages were used.

          Mähren => Maehren => Marin => Moravia.
          Mähren was an Austrian Crownland located East of Böhmen
          (Bohemia).
          Its capital was Brünn (Brno).
          Mähren had been a separate crownland until 1849 when it became a
          part
          of Böhmen (Bohemia) together with Österreichisch-Schleisen
          (Austrian-Silesia)

          Lipov is located 156 miles ESE of Praha in the Czech Republic and not
          in
          Slovakia.

          The LDS-Mormons have filmed the parish church records at the Slovakia
          State
          Archives. The film rental is only anout $3.50 per film at your local
          FHC.

          But, not in the Czech Republic because the Czech Archives wanted to
          keep
          this business for themselves.

          You can write the Czech Archives to do the surname research which is
          more expensive.
          Records are written in Czech, German, and Latin.

          You can write them in German, Czech, or English.
          The research report would be written only in Czech.
          If you don't know Czech, you will need to get the narrative report
          translated.

          Czech Archives URLs.

          http://www2.genealogy.net/gene/reg/SUD/sudet_crarch_en.html

          http://www.netway.at/ihff/b.htm