Re: new list member

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2004
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, VandenJS@a... wrote:
      > Hi everyone,
      > I'm new to this list and wanted to introduce myself.
      > I'm trying to find any info on the Knobloch family. Rose Knobloch
      to be
      > specfic. She was from Ludice, CzechSlovakia. This was a "sister
      city" of Hudlice.

      > I'm looking forward to being on this list.
      >
      > vandenJS@a... (Joni)

      What else can you tell the list ?

      Gedcom files list 1473 surnames Knobloch many of them from Germany.

      Hudlice is located in the Czech Republic not in Slovakia.
      Both Czech and German were spoken in former Czech-Bohemia.

      Hudlice (Cz) Hudlitz (G) is located 23 miles WSW of Praha (Prague)

      Lidice (Cz) Liditz (G) is located 12 miles WSW of Praha.

      And a Hudlice is located 45 miles WSW of Praha, Czech Republic.

      WW 2 Massacre at Lidice

      http://users.pandora.be/dave.depickere/Text/lidice.html

      After WW 2 the Czechs expelled all the Germans in Czechoslovakia and
      renamed the German towns to Czech names.

      Frank K