new list member

  • VandenJS@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2004
      Hi everyone,
      I'm new to this list and wanted to introduce myself.
      I'm trying to find any info on the Knobloch family. Rose Knobloch to be
      specfic. She was from Ludice, CzechSlovakia. This was a "sister city" of Hudlice.

      I'm looking forward to being on this list.

      vandenJS@... (Joni)
    • Frank
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2004
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, VandenJS@a... wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        > I'm new to this list and wanted to introduce myself.
        > I'm trying to find any info on the Knobloch family. Rose Knobloch
        to be
        > specfic. She was from Ludice, CzechSlovakia. This was a "sister
        city" of Hudlice.

        > I'm looking forward to being on this list.
        >
        > vandenJS@a... (Joni)

        What else can you tell the list ?

        Gedcom files list 1473 surnames Knobloch many of them from Germany.

        Hudlice is located in the Czech Republic not in Slovakia.
        Both Czech and German were spoken in former Czech-Bohemia.

        Hudlice (Cz) Hudlitz (G) is located 23 miles WSW of Praha (Prague)

        Lidice (Cz) Liditz (G) is located 12 miles WSW of Praha.

        And a Hudlice is located 45 miles WSW of Praha, Czech Republic.

        WW 2 Massacre at Lidice

        http://users.pandora.be/dave.depickere/Text/lidice.html

        After WW 2 the Czechs expelled all the Germans in Czechoslovakia and
        renamed the German towns to Czech names.

        Frank K