great site for searching ellis island

  • Werdna Rebaw
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2004
      Hello guys,

      I don't know if this has been shared on this board or not (if it is
      forgive me) but a lot of people with Eastern European names were
      misspelled. This makes the searching in the passenger records on
      ellis island very hard. I have found this one site which'll allow
      you to search ellis island with just town names, year of arrival,
      and/or age at arrival! It also does a soundex search of the names.
      Using this I have found the ship recs of a lot of my (and my aunt's)
      ancestors. Here it is:
      http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/ellisshort.html

      It's awesome!

      --Andrew