RE: [S-R] Seeking a genealogist

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 28, 2004
      Peter Nagy is also excellent
      http://www.centroconsult.sk/genealogy/

      ______________
      Bill Tarkulich

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Bonnie Richards [mailto:richardsi001@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 3:37 AM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Seeking a genealogist

      Dear Janet,

      Amazing the polarized perspectives, we can have. I am somewhat in the
      middle about "Michael" who also came highly recommended. I thought that I
      was very specific in my request of him. He merely confirmed my information
      and sent a vague photocopy of the birth of my forebear. Claiming later that
      he had done so much work for me and had sent pictures of my family's
      village, which I did not request nor did I receive. His dialogue was much
      like that which you reported. Perhaps he selectively thinks certain
      correspondents are "wealthy Americans" and that my $200.00 would be
      nothing. I would have gladly sent it if he had provided something in line
      with my request. Sorry you also had an unfortunate exchange. Please let me
      know if you find someone who is more specific with their fees. My villages
      are in Veszprem,Tes and Szilvasujfalu.

      Aloha,
      Valerie Richards