Re: [S-R] emails to Ukraine

  • Helen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 28, 2004
      I send letters and packages to my friend in Kiev. I never have any
      problem using regular air mail except that it can be expensive. She
      receives everything that I send to her.
      Helen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 28, 2004
        I believe the question is about Electronic Mail. I have no problem sending email to Ukraine. The reliability all comes down to the email service your correspondant in Ukraine is using. No, there is usually no charge. The only time I could think that there might be a charge if if s/he was using an intermediary, which has never been the case for me.

        Many people in Ukraine just mooch off their business or governement job email.

        Bill
        Bill

        > From: Helen <hwhite36@...>
        > Date: 2004/01/28 Wed PM 02:52:11 CST
        > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Re: [S-R] emails to Ukraine
        >
        > I send letters and packages to my friend in Kiev. I never have any
        > problem using regular air mail except that it can be expensive. She
        > receives everything that I send to her.
        > Helen

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • John M,
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 28, 2004
          At 07:49 PM 1/28/2004 +0000, you wrote:
          >Hello,
          >
          >Does anyone have knowledge of sending emails to the Ukraine? I have
          >made contact with a cousin via the postal service and sent him my
          >email address. He sent me an email; in turn I emailed him 3 or 4
          >times and have not received an answer to them. Today, he emailed me
          >a very short note with no response to my questions. He definitely is
          >my cousin as I have received via the first email photos of my father
          >during a '60's visit to his brother. Must they pay a fee per email
          >or what? Must I go through a forwarding service? Any information
          >regardng the emails would be appreciated.
          >
          >Janet

          You might try these lists that have people discussing Ukrainian genealogy
          daily :

          http://www.infoukes.com/lists/

          John M.
        • Janet Thompson
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 30, 2004
            Thank you to JOHN M, BILL T , and HELEN for their input concerning emails to the Ukraine. Appreciate your responses.

            Janet

            "John M," <jmatsko4@...> wrote:
            At 07:49 PM 1/28/2004 +0000, you wrote:
            >Hello,
            >
            >Does anyone have knowledge of sending emails to the Ukraine? I have
            >made contact with a cousin via the postal service and sent him my
            >email address. He sent me an email; in turn I emailed him 3 or 4
            >times and have not received an answer to them. Today, he emailed me
            >a very short note with no response to my questions. He definitely is
            >my cousin as I have received via the first email photos of my father
            >during a '60's visit to his brother. Must they pay a fee per email
            >or what? Must I go through a forwarding service? Any information
            >regardng the emails would be appreciated.
            >
            >Janet

            You might try these lists that have people discussing Ukrainian genealogy
            daily :

            http://www.infoukes.com/lists/

            John M.

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT