Re: Translation

  • J. Michutka
    Message 1 of 54 , Jan 8, 2000
      At 11:01 PM 1/7/00 -0600, you wrote:

      >The following is on the marriage list: Krstno in rodbinsko ime,
      >prebivalisce, stan, starost, samec, vdovec, vera. Right under that
      >which I think is the same thing in another language is Nomen, cognomen,
      >domicilium, conditio, aetas, religio sponsi. The title about my great
      >grandmother is Nevesta - Sponsa which I found to mean "bride". The
      >title over my grandfather is "Zenin - Sponsus" but I can't find that.

      Nomen, etc. are in latin. nomen=name; cognomen=last name; domicilium seems
      to be used as "address"; conditio I've never really figured out, I don't
      think I've really seen anything noted in that column; aetas=age; religio
      sponsi=spouse's religion. Sponsus would be groom, sponsa bride, masculine
      and feminine forms of the same word.

      > Primek, ime, poklic botrov
      > Cognomen, nomen, conditio patrinorum

      patrinorum=of the godparents, conditio patrinorum again I'm not sure what
      is meant.
      > Krstitelj
      > Baptizans

      Lit. "baptizing" ie priest's name.

      Has anyone ever seen anything noted for "conditio"?

      Julie Michutka
      jmm@...
    • Samuel Ontko
      Message 54 of 54 , Dec 6, 2013
        Child Anna
        Born 9 Aug 1898
        Baptized 10 Aug 1898
        legitimate
        parents – you know and they look to be GC Greek Catholic
        living in Falkusovce
        Godparents
        and official/priest/

        Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 8:57 PM
        Subject: [S-R] Translation

        Again - I need a translation on the link below

        P.361 Ln 36 - I see my relatives names within this line - Rudlyovszki Mihaly and Estok Zsuzanna.

        Thank you, Jon