Re: Translation

  • MJESKO@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 54 , Jan 8, 2000
      Hi Phyllis

      Well, to start with, this words are SLOVENIAN and not SLOVAK so they are
      in a different language.

      I do recogonize a few of them. KRST refers to baptism, STAROST is the
      person who was the Best Man at the wedding and is usual the child's
      god-father.

      I'll recheck your list and speak with some Slovenian friends and see
      what we can come up with....

      happy hunting!
      mark

      "TRADITION is the JOYFUL memory of a people!"
    • Samuel Ontko
      Message 54 of 54 , Dec 6, 2013
        Child Anna
        Born 9 Aug 1898
        Baptized 10 Aug 1898
        legitimate
        parents – you know and they look to be GC Greek Catholic
        living in Falkusovce
        Godparents
        and official/priest/

        Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 8:57 PM
        Subject: [S-R] Translation

        Again - I need a translation on the link below

        P.361 Ln 36 - I see my relatives names within this line - Rudlyovszki Mihaly and Estok Zsuzanna.

        Thank you, Jon