Spectacular Slovakia

  • Bill Tarkulich (1)
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2004
      There is a marvelous new site, http://www.spectacularslovakia.sk/ which has
      organized dozens of regional articles from Slovak Spectator, into a
      wonderful travelogue of the country. This is an electronic form of THE
      DEFINITIVE English-language travel guide for Slovakia. A must have for any
      traveler. I purchased the hardcopy for a few bucks and couldn't put it
      down. It looks to contain much of the print version.

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14, 2005
        For those of you new to the group (and those that have never seen), I want
        to draw your attention to the web site of "Spectacular Slovakia". It a
        travel book published by the "Slovak Spectator" English newspaper. It is
        hands-down the best travel guide to Slovakia. It is vastly superior to the
        offerings from Fodor, Frommers, Michelin, etc. It is loaded with photos and
        stories about the past and present. If you never have a chance to go to
        Slovakia, this provides a very interesting and readable account of all
        matters tourist.

        I recommend you purchase a copy, including shipping, it is quite inexpensive
        by American standards. If you care not to purchase, their web site
        contains a good majority of the stories and photographs. While the book is
        somewhat broad sweeping, the stories drill down to specific areas of
        interest to the newcomer and highlight unique treasures of Slovakia.

        http://www.spectacularslovakia.sk/

        Enjoy,

      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 14, 2005
          I agree that Spectacular Slovakia is a wonderful magazine and I give
          it as a gift to my Canadian Slovak relatives.

          When you purchase Spectacular Slovakia, it will be shipped from
          Toronto and not Slovakia. I am lucky enough to be able to pick up my
          new editions annually, as they become available.
        • John
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 28, 2011
            For those planning to dig into their roots in Slovakia, the latest edition of the useful annual magazine Spectacular Slovakia is now available. Apparently, there is no local distribution in US or Canada. Web orders only.