Re: Counties

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 7, 2000
      I think they are getting caught up with their Slovak records. For example,
      there was no information on Liptovska Porubka when I checked last year, but
      it showed up a few months ago. So we can hope for further improvements!

      Message 2 of 16 , May 25, 2012
        I've been searching for Janu relatives from eastern Slovakia. familysearch.org has a lot of Slovakian church records. My problem is that they go by county and I don't know how to find counties that bordered the county of Bereg in Hungary prior to 1918. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
      • Michael Mojher
        Message 3 of 16 , May 25, 2012
          http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/varmegy.gif

          I've been searching for Janu relatives from eastern Slovakia. familysearch.org has a lot of Slovakian church records. My problem is that they go by county and I don't know how to find counties that bordered the county of Bereg in Hungary prior to 1918. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

        • helene cincebeaux
          Message 4 of 16 , May 25, 2012
            Cool map Michael - it shows Ung County - in Slovak it is Uz~ i have been to those villages and was told at one time there was a road to Slovakia not closed off as it is now with the only border crossing at Uzhorod.

            helene