Re: Counties

  • sabinov@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 7, 2000
      I"ve been asked by someone on the list to make a correction.....

      evidently you can find some counties in the catalog at the FHC under
      location Slovakia.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Maura Petzolt Mobile Alabama USA
      sabinov@...
      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • Andrea Vangor
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 7, 2000
        I think they are getting caught up with their Slovak records. For example,
        there was no information on Liptovska Porubka when I checked last year, but
        it showed up a few months ago. So we can hope for further improvements!

        > I"ve been asked by someone on the list to make a correction.....
        >
        > evidently you can find some counties in the catalog at the FHC under
        > location Slovakia.
        >
        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        > Maura Petzolt Mobile Alabama USA
        > sabinov@...
        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      • sandraljanu
        Message 3 of 16 , May 25, 2012
          I've been searching for Janu relatives from eastern Slovakia. familysearch.org has a lot of Slovakian church records. My problem is that they go by county and I don't know how to find counties that bordered the county of Bereg in Hungary prior to 1918. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
        • Michael Mojher
          Message 4 of 16 , May 25, 2012
            http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/varmegy.gif

            I've been searching for Janu relatives from eastern Slovakia. familysearch.org has a lot of Slovakian church records. My problem is that they go by county and I don't know how to find counties that bordered the county of Bereg in Hungary prior to 1918. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

          • helene cincebeaux
            Message 5 of 16 , May 25, 2012
              Cool map Michael - it shows Ung County - in Slovak it is Uz~ i have been to those villages and was told at one time there was a road to Slovakia not closed off as it is now with the only border crossing at Uzhorod.

              helene