Re: Counties

  • Ylbrd@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 6, 2000
      In a message dated 01/06/2000 4:27:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      mmarkotan@... writes:

      > Marlene Markotan
      >
      > Researching: Markotan, Hornick/Hornak, Franko, Kocis, Farkasovsky, Kovach,
      > Kolenkas
      BTW Marlene my Grandfather's (AndrejAmbrisko) first wife was Maria,(Mary)
      Kovach!

      Maria Kovach was his first Wife, her Father John Kovach(mother Annie) (born
      in Burkowitz, Austria) was my Grandfathers Sponsor to come to the USA he
      immigrated on 2-4-1898 on the SS Havel. Andrej & Maria married on 11-19-1898
      in Ansonia Conn. @ St Peters and Paul Church, They settled in 89 Jersey St,
      Ansonia, Conn. she then had a baby Marion on 8-31-1899. Maria Kovach
      Ambrisko died 13 days after giving birth. per the 1900 Census Andrej and
      little Marion lived with the Kovach's @ 15 Clifton Ave in Ansonia, Ct as a
      boarder

      1st wife Mary Kovach(b. 9-1877, Burkowitz, Austria d.9-12-1899 in
      Ansonia, Ct)
      Father :John Kovach, Burkowitz, Austria
      Mother: Annie Kovach, Burkowitz, Austria
      Married: Andrej AMBRISKO on 11-19-1898, Peter & Paul Church, Ansonia, Ct.
      1 child Mary(Marion) E. Ambrisko (b. 8-31-1899 Ansonia Ct d.1975)
      m. George Brennan of Derby CT(b.1896 d. 1969 )
      Children:
      George Brennan (Sonny) b.
      m. Marge
      Mary Ellen (Miller)(b. )
      Danny (b. )
      Micheal (b. )
      Marion Brennan b.
      m.Jack Norris Palm Coast, Fl
      3 Children?
    • sabinov@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 7, 2000
        I"ve been asked by someone on the list to make a correction.....

        evidently you can find some counties in the catalog at the FHC under
        location Slovakia.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Maura Petzolt Mobile Alabama USA
        sabinov@...
        Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      • Andrea Vangor
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 7, 2000
          I think they are getting caught up with their Slovak records. For example,
          there was no information on Liptovska Porubka when I checked last year, but
          it showed up a few months ago. So we can hope for further improvements!

          > I"ve been asked by someone on the list to make a correction.....
          >
          > evidently you can find some counties in the catalog at the FHC under
          > location Slovakia.
          >
          > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          > Maura Petzolt Mobile Alabama USA
          > sabinov@...
          > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        • sandraljanu
          Message 4 of 16 , May 25, 2012
            I've been searching for Janu relatives from eastern Slovakia. familysearch.org has a lot of Slovakian church records. My problem is that they go by county and I don't know how to find counties that bordered the county of Bereg in Hungary prior to 1918. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
          • Michael Mojher
            Message 5 of 16 , May 25, 2012
              http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/varmegy.gif

              I've been searching for Janu relatives from eastern Slovakia. familysearch.org has a lot of Slovakian church records. My problem is that they go by county and I don't know how to find counties that bordered the county of Bereg in Hungary prior to 1918. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

            • helene cincebeaux
              Message 6 of 16 , May 25, 2012
                Cool map Michael - it shows Ung County - in Slovak it is Uz~ i have been to those villages and was told at one time there was a road to Slovakia not closed off as it is now with the only border crossing at Uzhorod.

                helene