Vel'ky Folkmar and Kollars in Alberta, Canada?

  • Chunky
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20 2:38 PM
      I will be going on a trip to the Slovak Republic this summer. I have
      been searching for information on my paternal grandfather, George
      Kollar, who left Vel'ky Folmar around 1889 and made his way,
      according to family tradition, to Alberta, Canada, where he stayed
      wuth some unknown relative. He later moved to western Pennsylvania.
      Are there any folks from up that way who have any info or suggestions
      for me?

      Ed Kohler
    • cathskap
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21 10:08 AM
        Where is Velky Folkmar?

        My husband had a great-aunt, Paulina Geletko, who married Joszef
        Kollar in Czechoslovakia. She was born near what is today Hnilcik in
        Slovakia, below Spisska Nova Ves. They immigrated to Allegheny Co.,
        Pennsylvania about 1912.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Chunky" <ekohler@r...> wrote:
        > I will be going on a trip to the Slovak Republic this summer. I
        have
        > been searching for information on my paternal grandfather, George
        > Kollar, who left Vel'ky Folmar around 1889 and made his way,
        > according to family tradition, to Alberta, Canada, where he stayed
        > wuth some unknown relative. He later moved to western Pennsylvania.
        > Are there any folks from up that way who have any info or
        suggestions
        > for me?
        >
        > Ed Kohler
      • John M,