J A K U B A N Y R E U N I O N

  • raybravo2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2004
      J A K U B A N Y R E U N I O N

      September 10 - 12, 2004

      The plans for the reunion are taking shape. I thank Ann Skapura
      DiMarco
      and Ron Cieslak for their suggestions. You will be pleased with
      the
      location.

      At this time the brochure about the camp is being updated and
      currently
      not available. You can view pictures of the site at www.acrod.org
      and
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Jakubany/ (You have to join the
      Jakubany
      Group at Yahoo to look at the photos in the latter website. Once
      member, click on Photos and look for Camp Nazareth photo
      album.) Keep in
      mind that this is mainly a youth camp. It will be necessary to
      bring
      your own bedding: Sheets, Blankets, Pillow. If this will be a
      problem,
      please let me know. Parents will be responsible for their
      children‚s
      behavior.

      The camp can accommodate up to approximately 150
      individuals˜8 cabins of
      16 persons each. Mercer PA is located off I-80 and 4 miles west
      of I-79.
      A map of the area will be provided with particulars.

      For overflow of participants there are hotels/motels and camping
      sites in
      the area [I am in the process of obtaining brochures on these].
      How the
      accommodations will be set up, of course, will depend on the
      number
      attending. There are no hook-ups for camping vehicles. If you
      have a
      camper it can be parked in the area of the camp. It is situated on
      289
      acres of rolling, wooded terrain. The suggestion of the camp
      administrator is to have men and women in separate cabins
      with children
      [depending on ages] located in a separate cabin with a
      chaperone to be
      provided.

      v On site: 1) recently dedicated wooden church fashioned on
      those in
      Slovakia 2) junior Olympic pool [we will have to provide a
      certified
      lifeguard] 3) the main lodge with modern kitchen and space for
      dining
      and meetings 4) Tennis court 5) Softball Field 6) Basketball
      7)
      Volleyball 8) Hiking Trails 9) Horseshoes 10) Miniature Golf
      11)
      a full bath house.

      It is intended to be a Friday evening, all day Saturday, and
      Sunday
      morning event. I am aware that there may be individuals who
      may be
      attending „locally‰ from the western PA and eastern OH areas
      who may wish
      to attend only on Saturday. This, however, will have to be worked
      out in
      price˜the cost per day for lodging is $25 per day which includes
      meals
      [extra if ethnic food is included].

      Meals can be provided by camp personnel [which is catered].
      However, if
      our ethnic food is prepared for Saturday afternoon this can be
      done by
      one of two sources and there would be an additional charge.

      My questions to you are:

      1) What is your snail mail address
      2) Will young children be attending; if so, their ages
      3) Preference for ethnic food or catered [American] food for
      Saturday
      4) What will you be expecting from this reunion
      5) Would you be attending the full weekend; if not what days
      6) Would someone be able to assist as a lifeguard, if needed.
      7) Any, questions or suggestions are welcome.

      Any questions you may have should be sent to me via my email
      myfluffeve@...
      Or by snail mail to 234 Charles NE ˆ Warren OH 44483.

      Tentatively, the itinerary for the weekend:

      v Friday afternoon and evening ˆ check in and socializing
      v Saturday: Breakfast at the lodge; Lunch through the supper
      hour if
      ethnic food is served [I am hoping that there will be enough
      socializing, genealogy discussions among everyone --
      consequently, no
      specific time for lunch and the meal will be available through
      suppertime].
      v In the evening a bonfire [vatra] and wiener roast
      v Sunday services at the new church with brunch following.

      Reservations will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis
      beginning JANUARY 15, 2004.

      It will be my pleasure to meet all of you and it is my hope that you
      will
      have a very enjoyable time.

      Eveline M Blanar
      234 Charles NE