Your expert opinions needed

  • Eleanor Chobirko
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2004
      Dear listers,
      I received the message below. I need your opinions on how to know if someone is who they say they are or not.
      Eleanor

      I`m from Slovakia. Are you from family of Cobirka or Chobirka?I know where is Svidnik and Korejovce and I have been there. Can I help you? Maybe you can help me. I found our family in USA called Cobirka or Chobirka. Ladislav from Slovakia

    • John M,
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2004
        At 05:36 AM 1/7/2004 -0800, you wrote:
        >Dear listers,
        >I received the message below. I need your opinions on how to know if
        >someone is who they say they are or not.
        >Eleanor
        >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        >

        >I`m from Slovakia. Are you from family of Cobirka or Chobirka?I know where
        >is Svidnik and Korejovce and I have been there. Can I help you? Maybe you
        >can help me. I found our family in USA called Cobirka or
        >Chobirka. Ladislav from Slovakia

        With this amount of information it would be difficult to tell. Even a
        Slovak Republic E-mail address is no assurance that he is in Slovakia. I
        would suggest additional communication with him to see if he is soliciting
        genealogical business. The Slovak online phone directory list three
        C^obirka in Svidnik. There are no listings for C^obirka in Korejovce.

        John
      • Eleanor Chobirko
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 27, 2004
          Dear list members,

          I want to thank everyone who responded to my message,

          "Your expert opinions needed."

          I followed everyones advice and asked a few questions and gave

          some info and replied back to him. I did not hear from him for

          a good while. I resent the message, not knowing if he got the

          first one. He immediately replied saying that he was too busy.

          One of the question that I had asked was "What town or village

          are you from?" In his reply saying that he was busy, he didn't

          give an answer to this question. I have not heard from him since.

          Eleanor