Re: [S-R] Re: Census 1869 of CADCA,Hungary, now Slovakia

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2004
      If Cadca Census were existing, if would have been in the Bytca archive.
      However, I asked them many times; they have no Censuses at all. The only
      archive, that apparently has no censuses.
      Vladimir

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2004
        I'm changing the subject some what. Does anybody know
        what the format is for the 1869 census? Did the government officials
        do a simple head count for each residence or were surnames recorded
        as well? I doubt it was very detailed like present day census every ten
        years which would be very expensive. Just a thought.

        Vince Kondracki

        Researching
        Surnames: Huhra, Derfinak, Mihalovsky, Majtner

        Town: Lipany

      • John M,
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 1, 2004
          At 09:36 PM 1/1/2004 -0500, you wrote:
          >I'm changing the subject some what. Does anybody know
          >what the format is for the 1869 census? Did the government officials
          >do a simple head count for each residence or were surnames recorded
          >as well? I doubt it was very detailed like present day census every ten
          >years which would be very expensive. Just a thought.
          >
          >Vince Kondracki

          Try:

          http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/7347/Centips2.html

          http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/CensusMain.htm

          John
        • moparvince@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
            Hello John

            Thanks for the links.
            They were very informative.
            The format looked familiar. I requested information
            from the Presove archive in Slovakia and they photo copied
            the census information of 1869. The archive did great work
            but it took three months to get it. This took place over a
            year ago but I remember they did wonderful work providing birth register
            extracts and a family tree layout. Very proffesional work.

            Vince Kondracki

            Researching
            Surnames: Huhra, Derfinak, Mihalovsky, Majtner

            Town: Lipany

          • Richard Jansko
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 3, 2004
              Thank you all for help.
              But Vladimir ` s answer give me not much hope.
              Vladimir do you know if there are other census (other years) for CADCA in the Bytca archive ??

              > > Where could i find the census for the town CADCA
              > (North-north-west Slovakia, near the polnisch and the czech
              > boarder)?
              > > I have found a message from Bill Tarkulich refering to the census
              > 1869 in the archive of the group:
              > >
              > > The Mormons have not completed filming Census and church records.
              > > A status report on the state of their filming is here
              > > http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/fhc_1869_census_slovakia_data.htm
              > > An index of the villages covered is here
              > > http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/1869_census_fh
              > l_holdings_by_magy.htm
              > >

              > > ______________
              > > Bill Tarkulich
              > > If the census today isn`t filmed by the mormons - does anybody
              > know in which archiv in Slovakia i can find it?
              > > thanks a lot for help
              > > Richard from Austria
              >
              > GrüÃY Gott
              > Verstehen Sie Deutsch ?
              >
              > The LDS-Mormons have filmed the 1869 Hungarian
              > Census for only 12 megye (counties) including
              > 8 formerly located in Upper-Hungary (now Slovakia)
              > C^adca (Sk) Cadcza (H) is located in NW Slovakia
              > formerly located in Trencsén megye (county)
              > Its 1869 Census has not been filmed as yet.
              >
              > However, the LDS had filmed the R.C. parish church records (1742-1896)
              > for C^adca.
              > Text in Latin and Hungarian.
              >
              > film #
              > 1978902-1978905
              >
              > These microfilm reels are available for rental and viewing at any
              > Family History Center (FHC) worldwide.
              > 90% of patrons are non-Mormons doing surname research.
              >
              > LDS - Mormon FHCs - LOCATIONS
              >
              > http://www.familysearch.org/Search/searchfhc2.asp
              >

              > Frank K
              > >

              > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              >

              > __________ Informacia od NOD32 1.581 (20031217) __________

              > http://www.eset.sk

            • Vladimir Bohinc
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 3, 2004
                Dear Richard,
                I will check with the Bytca archive next week for you, especially for Cadca.
                Just to make sure.
                This will be on Tuesday.
                Regards,
                Vladimir

                > But Vladimir ` s answer give me not much hope.
                > Vladimir do you know if there are other census (other years) for CADCA in
                the Bytca archive ??

                Service.

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                >

                > __________ Informacia od NOD32 1.581 (20031217) __________

                > http://www.eset.sk

              • Richard Jansko
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 13, 2004
                  Hello Vladimir !
                  Have you got time to check for me the census of CADCA in the Bytca archiv ?
                  Best regards
                  Richard

                  > But Vladimir ` s answer give me not much hope.
                  > Vladimir do you know if there are other census (other years) for CADCA in
                  the Bytca archive ??

                  Service.

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                  >

                  > __________ Informacia od NOD32 1.581 (20031217) __________

                  > http://www.eset.sk

                • Vladimir Bohinc
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 13, 2004
                    Dear Richard,
                    Yes I did. Negative.
                    Regards,
                    Vladimir

                    > Have you got time to check for me the census of CADCA in the Bytca archiv
                    ?
                    > Best regards
                    > Richard

                    Service.

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                    >

                    > __________ Informacia od NOD32 1.593 (20040105) __________

                    > http://www.eset.sk

                  • Richard Jansko
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 14, 2004
                      Thank you for all
                      Richard
                      > Have you got time to check for me the census of CADCA in the Bytca archiv
                      ?
                      > Best regards
                      > Richard

                      Service.