Re: County Maps in Slovakia

  • Ron Matviyak
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2000
      This is a duplicate of a sending to S_W, since counties came up in both
      groups at the same time.

      I think the detailed county maps are at the first url; the second and
      third contain interesting information - if it coincides with your
      interests in old and new Hungary

      Ron
      the North Hungarian

      http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/1910ind.htm

      http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/

      http://www.hungary.com/corvinus/hmcb/

      http://user.itl.net/~glen/FamilyHistoryinHungary.html

      and highly detailed maps of the high Tatras...

      http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/magas-t/1tatra.htm

      Maura Petzolt wrote:

      > Go to the Slovak Republic GenWeb via http://www.rootsweb.com/~ceneurgw
      > for a map of where the counties are for the Slovak Republic .... which
      > is the official name, not Slovakia.
      >
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      > Maura Petzolt Mobile Alabama USA
      > sabinov@...
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      > and reply to the confirmation email we send you.
    • jalliso1
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2000
        Thanks Ron, I have found these maps to be most helpful!!! and slow of
        course.

        Sponsor ----------------------------

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 17, 2000
          Thanks for letting me know. It is nice to know the sharing is
          appreciated; of course many things are shared so it is soon impossible
          (for me anyhow) to tell the 'original' source -

          Good luck! Once you get it narrowed down to a specific place or two, if
          you want the best current topographic maps I always recommend the
          'Touristica Mapa' series at 1:50,000 You can get these maps for $2 -
          $4 in Slovakia or order them for $10 at
          http://www.dholmes.com/rm-book.html
          check about 2/3 down the page.
          If these are the English language maps (they come in Slovak, German and
          English) then they are well worth the price! They are often tough to
          find in SLovakia, particularly THE map in THE preferred language. I
          took any language I could find.

          Ron