Re: [S-R] Merry Christmas

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 25, 2003
      Shouldn't it be "your Cousin"?
      Vladimir

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "John M," <jmatsko4@...>
      To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2003 8:49 PM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Merry Christmas

      > At 10:17 AM 12/25/2003 -0800, you wrote:
      > >Merry Christmas to everyone on the list.
      > >
      > >If it's not to much trouble could someone tanslate a short message into
      > >Slavish for me.
      > >
      > >"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, my Cousin."
      > >
      > >Thank you in advance,
      > >
      > >John Zatkovich
      >
      > Male, female or both? I believe the following are correct:
      >
      > Veselé Vianoce a stastný nový rok moj bratranec. (male)
      >
      > Veselé Vianoce a stastný nový rok moya sesternica. (female)
      >
      > Veselé Vianoce a stastný nový rok moji bratranci a sesternice (plural male
      > and female)
      >
      > John

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      >

      > __________ Informacia od NOD32 1.581 (20031217) __________

      > http://www.eset.sk

    • John M,
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 27, 2003
        At 08:54 AM 12/26/2003 +0100, you wrote:
        >Shouldn't it be "your Cousin"?
        >Vladimir
        > > >"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, my Cousin."

        Vladimir, I believe it is an abbreviated form of "Merry Christmas and a
        Happy New Year, to my Cousin."

        John M.
      • Jon Zatk
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 27, 2003
          Thank you to all who helped in the translation. I didn't mean it to be so much trouble.

          John Zatkovich

          Vladimir Bohinc <konekta@...> wrote:
          Shouldn't it be "your Cousin"?
          Vladimir

          > At 10:17 AM 12/25/2003 -0800, you wrote:
          > >Merry Christmas to everyone on the list.
          > >
          > >If it's not to much trouble could someone tanslate a short message into
          > >Slavish for me.
          > >
          > >"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, my Cousin."
          > >
          > >Thank you in advance,
          > >
          > >John Zatkovich
          >
          > Male, female or both? I believe the following are correct:
          >
          > Vesel� Vianoce a stastn� nov� rok moj bratranec. (male)
          >
          > Vesel� Vianoce a stastn� nov� rok moya sesternica. (female)
          >
          > Vesel� Vianoce a stastn� nov� rok moji bratranci a sesternice (plural male
          > and female)
          >
          > John

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          >

          > __________ Informacia od NOD32 1.581 (20031217) __________

          > http://www.eset.sk

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • Nick Holcz
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 23, 2005
            Best wishes for the Festive season, have a merry Christmas and a happy New
            Year.

            Nick and Lorraine
          • fc_popovich
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 19, 2006
              A Very Merry Christmas to you ALL and GOD BLESS YOU EACH AND EVERY ONE !

              Thanks for all your assistance this past year and stick around because
              I'll need more this year!!! :)

              Fran
            • TR HOMEMAIL
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 19, 2006
                Dear fellow researchers,

                Merry Christmas to all.

                Thomas

              • njbama75
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 20, 2006
                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "TR HOMEMAIL" <treimer@...> wrote:

                  > Dear fellow researchers,
                  >
                  > Merry Christmas to all.
                  >
                  > Thomas

                  Veselé vianoce a štastný nový rok

                  (Try this web page:
                  http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/christmas.htm and scroll down
                  to the Slovak entry.)
                • Evelyn Marsh
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 20, 2006
                    Vesele Vianoce to you also - thank you for the web site.
                    Evelyn

                    njbama75 <gandrasko@...> wrote:
                    --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "TR HOMEMAIL" <treimer@...> wrote:

                    > Dear fellow researchers,
                    >
                    > Merry Christmas to all.
                    >
                    > Thomas

                    Veselé vianoce a štastný nový rok

                    (Try this web page:
                    http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/christmas.htm and scroll down
                    to the Slovak entry.)

                  • Vladimir Linder
                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 22, 2006
                      See the altar of birth from St. James church in Levoca by Master Paul

                      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Christmas/altar_of_birth.htm

                      Vladi
                    • Vladimir Linder
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 25, 2006
                      • david1law@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 25, 2006
                          Hello Vladi:

                          Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

                          David Michael Baloga

                        • c_gromann
                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 18, 2008
                            Wishing all a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!!!
                            Sincerely,
                            Chris
                          • nhasior@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 24, 2009
                              (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://dawnings.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/christmas-star-joy.jpg&imgrefurl=http://peacefulecstasy.wordpress.
                              com/&usg=__iInZAoxb7c0IdqXQNMFqEhzskxM=&h=261&w=250&sz=22&hl=en&start=59&itb
                              s=1&tbnid=P-OIB9HvTlkpUM:&tbnh=112&tbnw=107&prev=/images?q=Christmas+star&gb
                              v=2&ndsp=20&hl=en&sa=N&start=40&ie=UTF-8)

                              DEAR FRIENDS,
                              MAY WE ALL HAVE A BLESSED CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR.
                              Best Wishes,
                              Noreen

                            • Nick Holcz
                              Message 14 of 21 , Dec 24, 2011
                                It is Christmas eve in Perth Western Australia so before we go to
                                enjoy the company of our family we wish you all a merry Christmas and
                                a prosperous new year.

                                Laskavy Prosim

                                Nick
                              • david1law@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 21 , Dec 24, 2011
                                  Dear Nick:

                                  I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I
                                  also wish each one of you in this forum and your families a very Merry
                                  Christmas and a Happy Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

                                  Vesele Vianoce a Stastny Novy Rok!

                                  David Baloga

                                • mkoschik@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Dec 24, 2011
                                    As time goes on I continue to be in awe at what the Internet can bring.  Here's Nick, half a world away
                                    from my Chicago home, offering holiday greetings to people of the same heritage around the globe.
                                    How marvelous!
                                    I know little of Perth, primarily from TV images during the America's Cup races a number of years
                                    ago.  It looks like a wonderful place to live  Nick, thank you for taking the time to send your
                                    message.  I echo your sentiments to all the members of Slovak Roots everywhere.
                                    Mike

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Dec 24, 2011
                                      Thank you Nick! Merry Christmas to you and to everyone here. I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, safe holiday surrounded by family, love, and warmth!

                                      Debbie