Re: [S-R] Merry Christmas

  • rcuster@erols.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 25, 2003
      Mr. Matsko's language below looks like Slovak to me, not Slavish.

      John Z., what is "Slavish"? Is that like "Greek Catholic"?

      Rich Custer

      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 25, 2003
        It's Slavik or Slovak, not Slavish.

      • Vladimir Bohinc
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 25, 2003
          Shouldn't it be "your Cousin"?
          Vladimir

          > At 10:17 AM 12/25/2003 -0800, you wrote:
          > >Merry Christmas to everyone on the list.
          > >
          > >If it's not to much trouble could someone tanslate a short message into
          > >Slavish for me.
          > >
          > >"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, my Cousin."
          > >
          > >Thank you in advance,
          > >
          > >John Zatkovich
          >
          > Male, female or both? I believe the following are correct:
          >
          > Veselé Vianoce a stastný nový rok moj bratranec. (male)
          >
          > Veselé Vianoce a stastný nový rok moya sesternica. (female)
          >
          > Veselé Vianoce a stastný nový rok moji bratranci a sesternice (plural male
          > and female)
          >
          > John

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          >

          > __________ Informacia od NOD32 1.581 (20031217) __________

          > http://www.eset.sk

        • John M,
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 27, 2003
            At 08:54 AM 12/26/2003 +0100, you wrote:
            >Shouldn't it be "your Cousin"?
            >Vladimir
            > > >"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, my Cousin."

            Vladimir, I believe it is an abbreviated form of "Merry Christmas and a
            Happy New Year, to my Cousin."

            John M.
          • Jon Zatk
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 27, 2003
              Thank you to all who helped in the translation. I didn't mean it to be so much trouble.

              John Zatkovich

              Vladimir Bohinc <konekta@...> wrote:
              Shouldn't it be "your Cousin"?
              Vladimir

              > At 10:17 AM 12/25/2003 -0800, you wrote:
              > >Merry Christmas to everyone on the list.
              > >
              > >If it's not to much trouble could someone tanslate a short message into
              > >Slavish for me.
              > >
              > >"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, my Cousin."
              > >
              > >Thank you in advance,
              > >
              > >John Zatkovich
              >
              > Male, female or both? I believe the following are correct:
              >
              > Vesel� Vianoce a stastn� nov� rok moj bratranec. (male)
              >
              > Vesel� Vianoce a stastn� nov� rok moya sesternica. (female)
              >
              > Vesel� Vianoce a stastn� nov� rok moji bratranci a sesternice (plural male
              > and female)
              >
              > John

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              >

              > __________ Informacia od NOD32 1.581 (20031217) __________

              > http://www.eset.sk

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            • Nick Holcz
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 23, 2005
                Best wishes for the Festive season, have a merry Christmas and a happy New
                Year.

                Nick and Lorraine
              • fc_popovich
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 19, 2006
                  A Very Merry Christmas to you ALL and GOD BLESS YOU EACH AND EVERY ONE !

                  Thanks for all your assistance this past year and stick around because
                  I'll need more this year!!! :)

                  Fran
                • TR HOMEMAIL
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 19, 2006
                    Dear fellow researchers,

                    Merry Christmas to all.

                    Thomas

                  • njbama75
                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 20, 2006
                      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "TR HOMEMAIL" <treimer@...> wrote:

                      > Dear fellow researchers,
                      >
                      > Merry Christmas to all.
                      >
                      > Thomas

                      Veselé vianoce a štastný nový rok

                      (Try this web page:
                      http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/christmas.htm and scroll down
                      to the Slovak entry.)
                    • Evelyn Marsh
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 20, 2006
                        Vesele Vianoce to you also - thank you for the web site.
                        Evelyn

                        njbama75 <gandrasko@...> wrote:
                        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "TR HOMEMAIL" <treimer@...> wrote:

                        > Dear fellow researchers,
                        >
                        > Merry Christmas to all.
                        >
                        > Thomas

                        Veselé vianoce a štastný nový rok

                        (Try this web page:
                        http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/christmas.htm and scroll down
                        to the Slovak entry.)

                      • Vladimir Linder
                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 22, 2006
                          See the altar of birth from St. James church in Levoca by Master Paul

                          http://www.slovakheritage.org/Christmas/altar_of_birth.htm

                          Vladi
                        • Vladimir Linder
                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 25, 2006
                          • david1law@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 25, 2006
                              Hello Vladi:

                              Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

                              David Michael Baloga

                            • c_gromann
                              Message 14 of 21 , Dec 18, 2008
                                Wishing all a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!!!
                                Sincerely,
                                Chris
                              • nhasior@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 21 , Dec 24, 2009
                                  (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://dawnings.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/christmas-star-joy.jpg&imgrefurl=http://peacefulecstasy.wordpress.
                                  com/&usg=__iInZAoxb7c0IdqXQNMFqEhzskxM=&h=261&w=250&sz=22&hl=en&start=59&itb
                                  s=1&tbnid=P-OIB9HvTlkpUM:&tbnh=112&tbnw=107&prev=/images?q=Christmas+star&gb
                                  v=2&ndsp=20&hl=en&sa=N&start=40&ie=UTF-8)

                                  DEAR FRIENDS,
                                  MAY WE ALL HAVE A BLESSED CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR.
                                  Best Wishes,
                                  Noreen

                                • Nick Holcz
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Dec 24, 2011
                                    It is Christmas eve in Perth Western Australia so before we go to
                                    enjoy the company of our family we wish you all a merry Christmas and
                                    a prosperous new year.

                                    Laskavy Prosim

                                    Nick
                                  • david1law@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Dec 24, 2011
                                      Dear Nick:

                                      I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I
                                      also wish each one of you in this forum and your families a very Merry
                                      Christmas and a Happy Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

                                      Vesele Vianoce a Stastny Novy Rok!

                                      David Baloga

                                    • mkoschik@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Dec 24, 2011
                                        As time goes on I continue to be in awe at what the Internet can bring.  Here's Nick, half a world away
                                        from my Chicago home, offering holiday greetings to people of the same heritage around the globe.
                                        How marvelous!
                                        I know little of Perth, primarily from TV images during the America's Cup races a number of years
                                        ago.  It looks like a wonderful place to live  Nick, thank you for taking the time to send your
                                        message.  I echo your sentiments to all the members of Slovak Roots everywhere.
                                        Mike

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Dec 24, 2011
                                          Thank you Nick! Merry Christmas to you and to everyone here. I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, safe holiday surrounded by family, love, and warmth!

                                          Debbie