Merry Christmas

  • Jon Zatk
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 25, 2003
      Merry Christmas to everyone on the list.

      If it's not to much trouble could someone tanslate a short message into Slavish for me.

      "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, my Cousin."

      Thank you in advance,

      John Zatkovich

    • John M,
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 25, 2003
        At 10:17 AM 12/25/2003 -0800, you wrote:
        >Merry Christmas to everyone on the list.
        >
        >If it's not to much trouble could someone tanslate a short message into
        >Slavish for me.
        >
        >"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, my Cousin."
        >
        >Thank you in advance,
        >
        >John Zatkovich

        Male, female or both? I believe the following are correct:

        Veselé Vianoce a štastný nový rok moj bratranec. (male)

        Veselé Vianoce a štastný nový rok moya sesternica. (female)

        Veselé Vianoce a štastný nový rok moji bratranci a sesternice (plural male
        and female)

        John
      • rcuster@erols.com
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 25, 2003
          Mr. Matsko's language below looks like Slovak to me, not Slavish.

          John Z., what is "Slavish"? Is that like "Greek Catholic"?

          Rich Custer

          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 25, 2003
            It's Slavik or Slovak, not Slavish.

          • Vladimir Bohinc
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 25, 2003
              Shouldn't it be "your Cousin"?
              Vladimir

              > At 10:17 AM 12/25/2003 -0800, you wrote:
              > >Merry Christmas to everyone on the list.
              > >
              > >If it's not to much trouble could someone tanslate a short message into
              > >Slavish for me.
              > >
              > >"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, my Cousin."
              > >
              > >Thank you in advance,
              > >
              > >John Zatkovich
              >
              > Male, female or both? I believe the following are correct:
              >
              > Veselé Vianoce a stastný nový rok moj bratranec. (male)
              >
              > Veselé Vianoce a stastný nový rok moya sesternica. (female)
              >
              > Veselé Vianoce a stastný nový rok moji bratranci a sesternice (plural male
              > and female)
              >
              > John

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              >

              > __________ Informacia od NOD32 1.581 (20031217) __________

              > http://www.eset.sk

            • John M,
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 27, 2003
                At 08:54 AM 12/26/2003 +0100, you wrote:
                >Shouldn't it be "your Cousin"?
                >Vladimir
                > > >"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, my Cousin."

                Vladimir, I believe it is an abbreviated form of "Merry Christmas and a
                Happy New Year, to my Cousin."

                John M.
              • Jon Zatk
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 27, 2003
                  Thank you to all who helped in the translation. I didn't mean it to be so much trouble.

                  John Zatkovich

                  Vladimir Bohinc <konekta@...> wrote:
                  Shouldn't it be "your Cousin"?
                  Vladimir

                  > At 10:17 AM 12/25/2003 -0800, you wrote:
                  > >Merry Christmas to everyone on the list.
                  > >
                  > >If it's not to much trouble could someone tanslate a short message into
                  > >Slavish for me.
                  > >
                  > >"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, my Cousin."
                  > >
                  > >Thank you in advance,
                  > >
                  > >John Zatkovich
                  >
                  > Male, female or both? I believe the following are correct:
                  >
                  > Vesel� Vianoce a stastn� nov� rok moj bratranec. (male)
                  >
                  > Vesel� Vianoce a stastn� nov� rok moya sesternica. (female)
                  >
                  > Vesel� Vianoce a stastn� nov� rok moji bratranci a sesternice (plural male
                  > and female)
                  >
                  > John

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                  >

                  > __________ Informacia od NOD32 1.581 (20031217) __________

                  > http://www.eset.sk

                  Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                • Nick Holcz
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 23, 2005
                    Best wishes for the Festive season, have a merry Christmas and a happy New
                    Year.

                    Nick and Lorraine
                  • fc_popovich
                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 19, 2006
                      A Very Merry Christmas to you ALL and GOD BLESS YOU EACH AND EVERY ONE !

                      Thanks for all your assistance this past year and stick around because
                      I'll need more this year!!! :)

                      Fran
                    • TR HOMEMAIL
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 19, 2006
                        Dear fellow researchers,

                        Merry Christmas to all.

                        Thomas

                      • njbama75
                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 20, 2006
                          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "TR HOMEMAIL" <treimer@...> wrote:

                          > Dear fellow researchers,
                          >
                          > Merry Christmas to all.
                          >
                          > Thomas

                          Veselé vianoce a štastný nový rok

                          (Try this web page:
                          http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/christmas.htm and scroll down
                          to the Slovak entry.)
                        • Evelyn Marsh
                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 20, 2006
                            Vesele Vianoce to you also - thank you for the web site.
                            Evelyn

                            njbama75 <gandrasko@...> wrote:
                            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "TR HOMEMAIL" <treimer@...> wrote:

                            > Dear fellow researchers,
                            >
                            > Merry Christmas to all.
                            >
                            > Thomas

                            Veselé vianoce a štastný nový rok

                            (Try this web page:
                            http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/christmas.htm and scroll down
                            to the Slovak entry.)

                          • Vladimir Linder
                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 22, 2006
                              See the altar of birth from St. James church in Levoca by Master Paul

                              http://www.slovakheritage.org/Christmas/altar_of_birth.htm

                              Vladi
                            • Vladimir Linder
                              Message 14 of 21 , Dec 25, 2006
                              • david1law@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 21 , Dec 25, 2006
                                  Hello Vladi:

                                  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

                                  David Michael Baloga

                                • c_gromann
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Dec 18, 2008
                                    Wishing all a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!!!
                                    Sincerely,
                                    Chris
                                  • nhasior@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Dec 24, 2009
                                      (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://dawnings.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/christmas-star-joy.jpg&imgrefurl=http://peacefulecstasy.wordpress.
                                      com/&usg=__iInZAoxb7c0IdqXQNMFqEhzskxM=&h=261&w=250&sz=22&hl=en&start=59&itb
                                      s=1&tbnid=P-OIB9HvTlkpUM:&tbnh=112&tbnw=107&prev=/images?q=Christmas+star&gb
                                      v=2&ndsp=20&hl=en&sa=N&start=40&ie=UTF-8)

                                      DEAR FRIENDS,
                                      MAY WE ALL HAVE A BLESSED CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR.
                                      Best Wishes,
                                      Noreen

                                    • Nick Holcz
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Dec 24, 2011
                                        It is Christmas eve in Perth Western Australia so before we go to
                                        enjoy the company of our family we wish you all a merry Christmas and
                                        a prosperous new year.

                                        Laskavy Prosim

                                        Nick
                                      • david1law@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Dec 24, 2011
                                          Dear Nick:

                                          I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I
                                          also wish each one of you in this forum and your families a very Merry
                                          Christmas and a Happy Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

                                          Vesele Vianoce a Stastny Novy Rok!

                                          David Baloga

                                        • mkoschik@aol.com
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Dec 24, 2011
                                            As time goes on I continue to be in awe at what the Internet can bring.  Here's Nick, half a world away
                                            from my Chicago home, offering holiday greetings to people of the same heritage around the globe.
                                            How marvelous!
                                            I know little of Perth, primarily from TV images during the America's Cup races a number of years
                                            ago.  It looks like a wonderful place to live  Nick, thank you for taking the time to send your
                                            message.  I echo your sentiments to all the members of Slovak Roots everywhere.
                                            Mike

                                            Message 21 of 21 , Dec 24, 2011
                                              Thank you Nick! Merry Christmas to you and to everyone here. I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, safe holiday surrounded by family, love, and warmth!

                                              Debbie