RE: [S-R] terms for family members

  • Milan Huba
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 22, 2003
      Since nobody answered your specific query, let my give you my impression.
      "Cetka" appears to be a variation of "Tetka" which means aunt. The
      pronunciation of words vary from area to area. My father and his family came
      from central Slovakia (Liptov county) and my mother and her family from
      western Slovakia around Bratislava. They spoke a different brand of Slovak,
      sometimes pronouncing the very same work differently and other times using a
      totally different word to mean the same thing.