Re: [S-R] Under the hood of www.ellisisland.org

  • squinch42
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2003
      Yes, there is. If you use the Steve Morse site (on JewGen) you can
      search using the first letter of the person's surname and village. I
      grabed all years from 1892 to 1924 for Orlo. The data also printed
      out Orlov and some other spellings and villages not in Slovakia. You
      may have to use several spelling variations as the site still can't
      tell when the Ellis Island village data is wrong.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Karen Salay <karen_salay@y...>