spellings

  • jjeanann2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      hi it has been hard getting information from my mother because she
      has altimierze disease. tonight i was talking to her and she said
      when she was growing up they spoke german in the house. my
      grandmother spoke little english up until she died. but when my
      grandparents had company they would speak slovaic, excuse the
      spelling, so the kids, my mom, would not understand them. i also
      found out my grandmother was born in yugoslavia and grew up in
      austria. so my question is how would you spell yellenburger or
      yellenbergr in those countries. you once told me how to spell it in
      german and hungary. they talked about stuff that happened, like they
      were from that town. they called it meattraveltz would that be
      mitrovica? thanks for your help. jeanann
    • jjeanann2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2003
        frank thanks for all that info. you asked if it was related to my
        family rak. well kinda. magdalena yellenberger my grandmother lived
        in the next village or the next farm from my grandfather andras rak
        or andres rak. they later got married in the u.s. don't no when but
        they new each other from the old country.i'll let you no what i find
        thanks again for your help jeanann