Re: [S-R] Translation help

  • Rebecca Massey
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 24, 2003
      "vasöntö". I think it means iron-founder/ iron works
      Rebecca Arvay-Massey
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 24, 2003
        In a message dated 24/11/2003 10:17:19 Eastern Standard Time,
        rmassey@... writes:

        > vasöntö". I think it means iron-founder/ iron works
        > Rebecca Arvay-Massey

        Thank you Rebecca.
        Kathi

      • Laco R (Slovak Roots)
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 30, 2006
          From what I can see I would say it is not in Slovak. In Slovak it would be "Krstny list" not "Krsni list", also icould decipher the word "godine" it means "hour" but not in Slovak

          It is in Latin and a second slavic language. It is dated in 1909 - in this time was hungarian the official language in today Slovakia.

          Its probably from today Slovenia or Croatia (it is written with Latin letters - no cyrilic)

          laco

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 30, 2006
            Hello.........I went to Yahoo Groups and found Hungarian Genealogy to look at the document in question but was not allowed to "click" or view "anything".

            How do I get to the document??

            Jan

            From what I can see I would say it is not in Slovak. In Slovak it would be "Krstny list" not "Krsni list", also icould decipher the word "godine" it means "hour" but not in Slovak

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 30, 2006
              It's in the Photo section of this group, not mine. Sorry for the
              confusion.

              Paula

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Jan Ammann <janammann@...>
              wrote:

              > Hello.........I went to Yahoo Groups and found Hungarian Genealogy
              to look at the document in question but was not allowed to "click"
              or view "anything".

              > How do I get to the document??
              >
              > Jan
              >
              > "Laco R (Slovak Roots)" <slovakroots@...> wrote:
              > From what I can see I would say it is not in Slovak. In
              Slovak it would be "Krstny list" not "Krsni list", also icould
              decipher the word "godine" it means "hour" but not in Slovak

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 30, 2006
                Thank you Laco. I'll let Deb know.

                Paula

                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Laco R \(Slovak Roots\)"