Re: Hungarian/Slovakian names

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2003
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, shawn earls <swekearls@y...> wrote:
      > Does anyone know what the name Martin would be in Hungarian/Slovak?. I ju=
      st found out that my gggrandfather's first name was
      Martin. My ggrandfather came from Podhorie in Hungary in 1906. The surnam=
      e is Fratrik, Fratrick. Thanks for any help.
      > Karen

      Karen

      Martin (English)(German)(Czech)
      Martinus (Latin)
      Márton (dim. Marci, Marti, Martino,Martó) (Hungarian)
      Martin (dim. Martinko) (Slovak)
      Marcin (dim. Marcinek) (Polish)

      Frank K
      Frantis^ek (dim. Ferko, Fero) (Sk)