Re: [S-R] Hungarian/Slovakian names

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2003
      In my family it was spelled Marton.

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "shawn earls" <swekearls@...>
      To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 7:32 PM
      Subject: [S-R] Hungarian/Slovakian names

      > Does anyone know what the name Martin would be in Hungarian/Slovak?. I
      just found out that my gggrandfather's first name was Martin. My
      ggrandfather came from Podhorie in Hungary in 1906. The surname is Fratrik,
      Fratrick. Thanks for any help.
      > Karen

    • Peter Pikna
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2003
        Karen, Podhorie was always pure Slovak speaking village, but during period
        1880 - 1918 were the registers writting in Hungarian (Magyar) language. I
        was looking for Martin Fratrik several years ago, but in this village is
        living only one family origins from another village (Zadubnie). In near
        villages (Bitarova and Horky) over a hill are living several Fratrikļæ½s.

        Peter

        Does anyone know what the name Martin would be in Hungarian/Slovak?. I just
        found out that my gggrandfather's first name was Martin. My ggrandfather
        came from Podhorie in Hungary in 1906. The surname is Fratrik, Fratrick.
        Thanks for any help.
        Karen

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor