Hungarian/Slovakian names

  • shawn earls
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2003
      Does anyone know what the name Martin would be in Hungarian/Slovak?. I just found out that my gggrandfather's first name was Martin. My ggrandfather came from Podhorie in Hungary in 1906. The surname is Fratrik, Fratrick. Thanks for any help.
      Karen

    • Doug & Janet Kozlay
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2003
        I believe it would be Marton in Hungarian, Martin in Slovak.

        Janet

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 11, 2003
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, shawn earls <swekearls@y...> wrote:
          > Does anyone know what the name Martin would be in Hungarian/Slovak?. I ju=
          st found out that my gggrandfather's first name was
          Martin. My ggrandfather came from Podhorie in Hungary in 1906. The surnam=
          e is Fratrik, Fratrick. Thanks for any help.
          > Karen

          Karen

          Martin (English)(German)(Czech)
          Martinus (Latin)
          Márton (dim. Marci, Marti, Martino,Martó) (Hungarian)
          Martin (dim. Martinko) (Slovak)
          Marcin (dim. Marcinek) (Polish)

          Frank K
          Frantis^ek (dim. Ferko, Fero) (Sk)