Translation Help

  • Steve Brickse
    Message 1 of 72 , Nov 10, 2003
      I have a translation-request from a friend of mine who recently received something she could not understand, nor can I.

      I hope someone here can assist.
      Thanks, in advance.

      The message follows:

      Ospravedlnujem sa za velmi zlu anglictinu, preklad zo slovenciny som robil pomocou softwar.
      Vazena pani Christie!

      Tento tyzden som dostal od vas list, v ktorom pisete, ze sme mozno vzdialena rodina a v liste ste napisali aj na dalsich 5 adries na Slovensku. Je naozaj mozne, ze sme vzdialena rodina, ale komunisticky rezim v byvalom Ceskoslovensku neumoznil ziadne nase kontakty. Podla mojho otca sme mali rodinu v USA a to vo viacerych statoch USA, spominal stat Virginia a Indiana.

      Ja som Miroslav Vikartovsky (1953), zijem v Bratislave. Moj otec Frantisek Vikartovsky sa narodil v Smizanoch. Cast svojho zivota zil s rodicmi v Poprade. Jeho matkou bola Anna Vikartovska (Markovicova), otec Jozef Vikartovsky (alebo Stefan) zomrel asi 10 rokov pre mojim narodenim. Otec Frantisek zomrel v roku 1990, jeho matka Anna v roku 1972. V Bratislave zila este Henrieta Vikartovska, ktora zomrela v roku 1987.

      Z tejto vetvy rodiny som jediny dospely zijuci s menom Vikartovsky. V liste spominate viac mien zo Slovenska, ale ani jedneho z nich nepoznam a neviem, ci sme rodina. Nasa rodina sa v roku 1947 odstahovala do Bratislavy a oni su z vychodneho Slovenska. Ak budete mat zaujem o dalsie informacie o rodine, budem ich musiet zohnat na uradoch.

      V tomto liste zatial tolko, pozdravujem vsetkych zijucich Vikartovsky v USA. Miroslav

      Steve Brickse

    • Sz Erika
      Message 72 of 72 , Jun 3 1:35 PM
            It was written only father s name or wife s name husband s name ,single or orphan near dead person and never mother name in these pages. Near two father s name were written son in law.I think it was needed to show exactly who is he by his father in law or if he was dead by mother in law.Maybe      not only one man had that name at that time in that village so needed more information about him.

        A Windows Phone-telefonomról küldtem

        Feladó: Sandra & John Panzitta pman40@... [SLOVAK-ROOTS]
        Feladva: ‎2016.‎06.‎02. 22:44
        Címzett: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        Tárgy: Re: [S-R] Translation Help

        It actually make more sense as Gyorgy Vertila was dead when the record was created.  Why the priest referred to the mother of the child (Mihaly) by her mother (Mrs. Vertila)… well, I don’t know.

        On Jun 2, 2016, at 12:38 PM, Sz Erika szerika60@... [SLOVAK-ROOTS] <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Interesting information. But there is a "né" end of Vertilané. In hungarian this means father is son in law of Mrs Vertila.
        ...né = Mrs ....

        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 08:36:00 -0400
        Subject: Re: [S-R] Translation Help

        I wonder if it refers to Ilya’s step father - Gyorg Vertila.

        I always appreciate your thoughts Erika!
        Thanks again,
        Sandra
        On Jun 2, 2016, at 1:43 AM, Sz Erika szerika60@... [SLOVAK-ROOTS] <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        I don t know. Veje is son in law.There is another veje on the left 3rd "Zelenak veje" and Zelenak is a name. vertilane was a name or something else.

        A Windows Phone-telefonomról küldtem

        Feladó: Sandra & John Panzitta pman40@... [SLOVAK-ROOTS]
        Feladva: ‎2016.‎06.‎01. 18:01
        Címzett: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com

        Thanks for the insight Erika.  Now the question is what is a vertilane?  Her father’s name was Mihaly Zsdry.

        On Jun 1, 2016, at 2:53 AM, Sz Erika szerika60@... [SLOVAK-ROOTS] <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hello,

        It s vertilané as I think, but neje isn t neje, it is sure the world is " veje", so meaning : father is husband of vertilané s daughter

        Erika Szabó
        A Windows Phone-telefonomról küldtem

        Feladó: pman40@... [SLOVAK-ROOTS]
        Feladva: ‎2016.‎05.‎31. 21:49
        Címzett: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        Tárgy: [S-R] Translation Help

        Hello All,

        I am having trouble deciphering two records.  The first is found at  https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-9R7W-9S8W?mode=g&i=79&cc=1554443&cat=755030

        This is the baptism of ANNA, daughter of BASIL HRITZENKO and ILYA ZSDIJOVA - the third entry from the bottom on the right side, the date isn't visible.  The note by her name is cum ore ??? nata.  I believe it refers to her mouth.

        The other is the death of Anna's brother, MIHALY HRITZENKO, again, the date is obscured, but it is the fourth entry from the bottom of the right side of the page. https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-9RQ1-49M?mode=g&i=259&cat=755030

        What is the written under his father's name, next to neje?  It looks like vertilane or verrilane?

        Thanks much for your time!

        Sandra