Re: [S-R] Re: Tsar Nicholas

  • June Mckee
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2003
      Frank , Bill and Richard, thanks for the information on the Tsar.
      I was talking to my mother and we think that it could have been my g-grandmothers brother that was a bishop. I don't know which diocese it would have been other than my g-grandmother was born in Kazan and my grandmother was born in Samara. They emmigrated to the westcoast in about 1908 but her sibblings never came with her. She had several pictures of priests and Bishops, which my mother still has but no names of who they are. I am not sure how to find out exactly where this would have taken place in Russia. My grandmother and her mother always attended the Russian Orthodox Church in San Francisco. My g-grandmother was born about 1866 but I don't know anything about her sibblings.

      I really appreciate all of the information and sites that has been given , I find it very interesting reading and have learned so much with all of the help that so many given from this list.

      thanks,
      June----- Original Message -----