Re: [S-R] Olcsva, Abauj/Abov county ?

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 10, 2003
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Vladimir Bohinc" <konekta@n...> wrote=
      :
      > Frank,
      > Maybe you are right, and I was wrong.No problem.
      > I know, who Rich Custer is and I respect him very much for what he wrote
      > about the Rusyns.
      > But I have trouble finding any commercial business drumming up from my si=
      de.
      > Should I be banned from this list for what I am? All my time is devoted t=
      > helping people. Much of it is for free in many ways. Just the fact, that =
      > am writing here and there does not mean I am hunting clients.
      > I have more than enough to do.
      > My comment below was written and meant in a friendly manner.
      > Vladimir

      Dear Vladimir,

      I reply to surname/place name queries at all Central and Eastern European =
      Slavic (and non-Slavic)
      ethnic websites.
      Slovak-Roots is one of the few websites where any mention of even helping s=
      ubscribers in genealogical
      research by a professional genealogist for a fee doesn't get him automatica=
      lly "bounced" from the list.
      At my own former website (not Slovakia) , a professional genealogist was do=
      ing exactly that, "lurking"
      inorder generate new research business at USD 500 per client.
      Another genealogist charged his clients a large set fee if he could locate =
      no information for the
      researcher's surnames.

      In fact, Slovak-Roots is probably one of the most "open" forum websites bec=
      ause it permits discussions
      of "recipes", politics, and even messages such as this one, without automa=
      tically "bouncing" the
      subscriber from the list.

      Frank K

    • Vladimir Bohinc
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 13, 2003
        Dear Frank,
        Somehow you managed to invent an issue. I will not comment it, because it
        has nothing to do with me.
        If you think I am a lurker, you are the first to do so.
        Regards,
        Vladimir

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/term=