RUDNA

  • Kelly
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2003
      Has anyone ever been to Rudna, or the surrounding villages near by.
    • John M,
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2003
        At 04:02 PM 11/7/2003 +0000, you wrote:
        >Has anyone ever been to Rudna, or the surrounding villages near by.
        Rudna is near (less than 2 miles) from Roznava in the southeastern area of
        Slovakia. I haven't been in the area but you can get some idea of the area
        at http://www.roznava.sk/ . Unfortunately, the pages are in Slovak but if
        you go to http://www.roznava.sk/index.php?id=01020 and click on the links
        on the right side of the page you can get some photos of various tourist
        and historical sites. The area was a mining area and they have a mining
        museum in Roznava. I found indications that Rudna had its own home page
        but was unable to access it for some
        reason. http://www.obecrudna.miesto.sk/ it looks like the site no longer
        exists. I believe the village has a Hungarian majority.

        John