Rusyn village life

  • christopher gajda
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2003
      I thought i would share some old pictures of my Rusyn ancestor's village with the group. These are from the village Dravtsi just outside Uzhgorod, now in the Zakarpatskaya oblast of western Ukraine. Can be viewed here:

      http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7dtz0/dravtsiphoto/

    • Liza Janco
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 8, 2003
        I think I've discovered an ancestral village for my great-grandmother,
        but I'm having trouble locating it. Can anyone help me find Twiany?
        Thank you so much.
        Liza Janco
      • John M,
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 8, 2003
          At 05:55 PM 11/8/2003 -0500, you wrote:
          >I think I've discovered an ancestral village for my great-grandmother,
          >but I'm having trouble locating it. Can anyone help me find Twiany?
          >Thank you so much.
          >Liza Janco

          What is your ggrandmother's name? If it is in the Ellis Island database,
          it might be easier if we looked at the manifest to see if we could get a
          spelling for the town. Also, you can upload a scanned version of the town
          name to the S-R file area of it is on a document.

          John M.
        • Liza Janco
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 9, 2003
            After spending some time at the LDS website I found Turiany as an
            alternative spelling for Turany, which solves the mystery. Thank you
            everyone for helping. I wouldn't have figured it out otherwise. I'll
            keep you posted.
            Liza