Re: [S-R] Krive

  • John M,
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2003
      At 09:26 PM 11/2/2003 -0500, you wrote:
      >FINALLY, after years of research, I found a record that states my
      >g-grandfather's village of birth as Krive (west of Bardejov). He was
      >Rusyn.
      >
      >I could not locate any films from the LDS for Krive. Again, looking for
      >a Greek Catholic Church or archive to contact for these records. His
      >date of birth was July 12, 1862
      >
      >Thanks,
      >Gary

      My mother was from Kiz^e down the road a piece (about 3 miles directly
      south) from Krive. The Krive records are with the records from
      Kruz^lov. I spent a bit of time reviewing the Krive records until I
      realized they were not records for Kriz^e. I finally found the Krize
      records were with Livov's parish records. The Krive Greek Catholic records
      are on the following microfilms I believe: FHL INTL Film 1792389 Items
      2-4, FHL INTL Film 1792390 Item 1 Look up Kruslov
      at: http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp

      Janko