Re: occupations

  • Joe Armata
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2000
      > Is there anything on the web
      > that cross-references Hungarian and English occupation names?

      Hi Robin! You can try:
      http://yoda.bmi.net/jjaso/Hungarian_Terms_and_Phrases.html

      Joe Armata
      joe@...
    • Ylbrd@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2000
        In a message dated 01/04/2000 4:38:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        RAHannig00@... writes:

        > Meanwhile the ones I have found are "telkes" (very common, probably find
        > out it means farmer or peasant) and something hard to read, but looks like
        > either "massrsiamos" or "masscsiamos". If anyone can tell me what these
        > mean, I would much appreciate it.
        > Thanks,
        > Robin Hannig
        Robin, try looking on this website they have both Hungarian & Latin
        translations for common words used in Church Records...........Print them
        out...make a great reference....... <A HREF="http://www.bmi.net/jjaso/">index.
        html</A> http://www.bmi.net/jjaso/
        Cathy