Re: Saint Nicholas Church Chicago

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2003
      Marcia,

      In my reply to your surname information in message 8698 I had also
      made a typo or misspelling of a place name, so will restate it
      here.

      In 1910 a Eugena Polancsik, age 38, had emigrated with her daughter
      Anna, age 3 years 6 mos. to her husband Andreas (G) András (H)
      (Andrew) at 9940 Roland St, Chicago IL.

      Last Residence Isolna (misspelled) may have been Ilosva , formerly
      located in Bereg megye, Hungary and now I P ||| A B A (Cyrillic),
      Ukraine.
      And it was located only 16 miles distant from Svalyava below.

      Mother and daughter were both born in Svalova which I expect was that
      same (we had previously discussed) Szolyva (Svalyava) located in
      former Bereg meye, Hungary and now located in the Ukraine.

      In 1908 a Ferdinand Koch emigrated to the US.
      He was going to an address in Elizabeth(port ?) NJ.
      Ferdinand was born in Ernesthaza, which may have been Erzsébetháza
      (meaning Elizabeth's house in Magyar), formerly located in Szepes
      megye, Hungary, and now Kravany (Spis^), Slovakia.

      Frank K