Teplicka Spis

  • Lisa Rhea Baker
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2000
      Hi,

      I'm trying to determine if I should order a particular microfilm from the LDS.

      Does anyone know if the village of Spisska Teplica, Slovakia also known as Teplicz or Szepesteplicz, Szepes, Hungary is the same town as the current day Telpicka which is South of Spisska Nov Ves, just below Lieskovany?

      I have been reviewing the records for Markusovce, I assume this was the main Catholic church the area but have seen notes in the records indicating baptism that were performed in Teplicka, was there a parish church there that was used also? If so are the records separate? or perhaps listed in Iglo-Hutta.

      Any pointers on this area and location of records would be a great help.

      Thanks

      Lisa Rhea Trimbath Baker
      twosocks@...
      http://www.koan.com/~twosocks/genealogy.html
    • Raymond Doperak
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 13, 2000
        Lisa,
        I have FHC Film # 1183541 on permanent loan at my FHC. I looked up
        your villages & found the following info:
        *on page 297,The Roman Catholic office in Markus^ovce covers Markus^ovce
        and until 1870 C^epanovce (today part of Markus^ovce), Lieskovany,
        Teplic^ka, and since 1852 also Rudnany. A note also states that "in the
        register are also to be found records from the community of Odorin [range
        of years] and also sporadic records from Porac^ [marriages from 1883-1896].

        Lieskovany is listed only under Markus^ovce for RC records.

        Teplic^ka is listed only under Markus^ovce for RC records.

        *on page 307, Spis^ska Teplica has its own separate entry. Tha farsky obvod
        (parish district) is limited to that town alone. It is not the same place
        as Teplic^ka.

        For all your towns, I saw no references to Greek Catholic
        parishes. There were references to Evangelical and Jewish records however.
        Hope this helps.
        Ray Doperak, Philadelphia
        At 10:46 PM 1/3/00 -0800, you wrote:
        >Hi,
        >
        >I'm trying to determine if I should order a particular microfilm from the
        >LDS.
        >
        >Does anyone know if the village of Spisska Teplica, Slovakia also known as
        >Teplicz or Szepesteplicz, Szepes, Hungary is the same town as the current
        >day Telpicka which is South of Spisska Nov Ves, just below Lieskovany?
        >

        >I have been reviewing the records for Markusovce, I assume this was the
        >main Catholic church the area but have seen notes in the records
        >indicating baptism that were performed in Teplicka, was there a parish
        >church there that was used also? If so are the records separate? or
        >perhaps listed in Iglo-Hutta.
        >
        >Any pointers on this area and location of records would be a great help.
        >
        >Thanks
        >

        >Lisa Rhea Trimbath Baker
        >twosocks@...
        >http://www.koan.com/~twosocks/genealogy.html
        >

        >[Attachments have been removed from this message]

        >Get great offers on top-notch products that match your interests!
        >Sign up for eLerts at:

      • Gregory J. Kopchak
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 14, 2000
          The closest Greek catholic Parish in the area was in Porac.

          In Rudnany half the people went to Markusovce to the Roman Catholic Church,
          the other half to Porac to the Greek Cathoic Church as Rudnany did not have
          any church until the last half of the 1800's.

          Greg Kopchak

          I have FHC Film # 1183541 on permanent loan at my FHC. I looked up
          your villages & found the following info:
          *on page 297,The Roman Catholic office in Markus^ovce covers Markus^ovce
          and until 1870 C^epanovce (today part of Markus^ovce), Lieskovany,
          Teplic^ka, and since 1852 also Rudnany. A note also states that "in the
          register are also to be found records from the community of Odorin [range
          of years] and also sporadic records from Porac^ [marriages from 1883-1896].

          Lieskovany is listed only under Markus^ovce for RC records.

          Teplic^ka is listed only under Markus^ovce for RC records.

          *on page 307, Spis^ska Teplica has its own separate entry. Tha farsky obvod
          (parish district) is limited to that town alone. It is not the same place
          as Teplic^ka.

          For all your towns, I saw no references to Greek Catholic
          parishes. There were references to Evangelical and Jewish records however.
          Hope this helps.
          Ray Doperak, Philadelphia
          At 10:46 PM 1/3/00 -0800, you wrote:
          >Hi,
          >
          >I'm trying to determine if I should order a particular microfilm from the
          >LDS.
          >
          >Does anyone know if the village of Spisska Teplica, Slovakia also known as
          >Teplicz or Szepesteplicz, Szepes, Hungary is the same town as the current
          >day Telpicka which is South of Spisska Nov Ves, just below Lieskovany?
          >

          >I have been reviewing the records for Markusovce, I assume this was the
          >main Catholic church the area but have seen notes in the records
          >indicating baptism that were performed in Teplicka, was there a parish
          >church there that was used also? If so are the records separate? or
          >perhaps listed in Iglo-Hutta.
          >
          >Any pointers on this area and location of records would be a great help.
          >
          >Thanks
          >

          >Lisa Rhea Trimbath Baker
          >twosocks@...
          >http://www.koan.com/~twosocks/genealogy.html
          >

          >[Attachments have been removed from this message]

          >Get great offers on top-notch products that match your interests!
          >Sign up for eLerts at:

          Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime?
          You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it. Sign
          up today at X.com. It's quick, free, & there's no obligation.

        • Lisa Rhea Baker
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 20, 2000
            Hi,
            Thanks for the tips, sounds like a great film to have on Long term long, my
            center doesn't have it, but I may order it. I did notice that Los Angeles,
            San Diego and Carlsbad have it on Long term.

            It looks like most of my ancestors are from the area surrounding Markusovce,
            so I may eventually look at all the films for the area.

            Thanks again
            Lisa Rhea Trimbath Baker
            twosocks@...
            http://www.koan.com/~twosocks/genealogy.html
          • J. Michutka
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 20, 2000
              >Thanks for the tips, sounds like a great film to have on Long term long, my
              >center doesn't have it, but I may order it. I did notice that Los Angeles,
              >San Diego and Carlsbad have it on Long term.

              How did you find out who has it long term?

              Julie Michutka
              jmm@...