RE: [S-R] "A Concise History of Slovakia"

  • Doug & Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 6, 2003
      It's available on amazon.com.

      Janet

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Alan Antoska [mailto:aantoska@...]
      Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 9:34 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [S-R] "A Concise History of Slovakia"

      Bill,
      The ISBN is 80-88880-42-4
      Published by Academic Electronic Press in 2000.
      Hard cover copy cost SK912 in Bratislava book stores.
      I purchased my copy May 2003 in B'lava.

      --- Bill Tarkulich <bill@...> wrote: > Gil,

      > Sounds interesting. Where did you locate "A Concise
      > History of Slovakia" ?
      >
      > ______________
      > Bill Tarkulich

      http://search.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Search

    • Gil K.
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 6, 2003
        Hi Bill,

        A cousin from Banska Bystrica sent me the book.

        It appears however that the book may be available from several sources based on recent postings.

        ISBN 80-88880-42-4 is correct.

        Gil

        Bill Tarkulich <bill@...> wrote:
        Gil,

        Sounds interesting. Where did you locate "A Concise History of Slovakia" ?

        ______________
        Bill Tarkulich

        I agree that the book, "History of Slovakia - Struggle for Survival" by
        Kirshbaum is an excellent read about the Slovak land and its people.

        I have just started to read "A Concise History of Slovakia" and find it
        very interesting with a little more detail than Kirshbaum provides in his
        book.

        The book is the work of ten Slovak authors and is editied by Elena Mannov�.
        Translation from Slovak to English by Martin Styan & David Daniel.

        Gil K.

        Bill Tarkulich <bill@...> wrote:
        History of Slovakia - Struggle for Survival by Kirshbaum is still in print
        and an excellent, affordable regional and political overview. Readily
        obtainable from B&N, Amazon, etc. Bill Tarkulich

        http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/FvNolB/TM

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsordocument.write('');