[S-R] "A Concise History of Slovakia"

  • Alan Antoska
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 6, 2003
      Bill,
      The ISBN is 80-88880-42-4
      Published by Academic Electronic Press in 2000.
      Hard cover copy cost SK912 in Bratislava book stores.
      I purchased my copy May 2003 in B'lava.

      --- Bill Tarkulich <bill@...> wrote: > Gil,

      > Sounds interesting. Where did you locate "A Concise
      > History of Slovakia" ?
      >
      > ______________
      > Bill Tarkulich

      http://search.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Search
    • Doug & Janet Kozlay
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 6, 2003
        It's available on amazon.com.

        Janet

        Published by Academic Electronic Press in 2000.
        Hard cover copy cost SK912 in Bratislava book stores.
        I purchased my copy May 2003 in B'lava.

        --- Bill Tarkulich <bill@...> wrote: > Gil,

        > Sounds interesting. Where did you locate "A Concise
        > History of Slovakia" ?
        >
        > ______________
        > Bill Tarkulich

      • Gil K.
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 6, 2003
          Hi Bill,

          A cousin from Banska Bystrica sent me the book.

          It appears however that the book may be available from several sources based on recent postings.

          ISBN 80-88880-42-4 is correct.

          Gil

          Bill Tarkulich <bill@...> wrote:
          Gil,

          Sounds interesting. Where did you locate "A Concise History of Slovakia" ?

          ______________
          Bill Tarkulich

          I agree that the book, "History of Slovakia - Struggle for Survival" by
          Kirshbaum is an excellent read about the Slovak land and its people.

          I have just started to read "A Concise History of Slovakia" and find it
          very interesting with a little more detail than Kirshbaum provides in his
          book.

          The book is the work of ten Slovak authors and is editied by Elena Mannov�.
          Translation from Slovak to English by Martin Styan & David Daniel.

          Gil K.

          Bill Tarkulich <bill@...> wrote:
          History of Slovakia - Struggle for Survival by Kirshbaum is still in print
          and an excellent, affordable regional and political overview. Readily
          obtainable from B&N, Amazon, etc. Bill Tarkulich

          http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/FvNolB/TM

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsordocument.write('');