RE: [S-R] Re: Spis and PLACKO

  • Gil K.
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 6, 2003
      Bill,

      I agree that the book, "History of Slovakia - Struggle for Survival" by Kirshbaum is an excellent read about the Slovak land and its people.

      I have just started to read "A Concise History of Slovakia" and find it very interesting with a little more detail than Kirshbaum provides in his book.

      The book is the work of ten Slovak authors and is editied by Elena Mannov�. Translation from Slovak to English by Martin Styan & David Daniel.

      Gil K.

      Bill Tarkulich <bill@...> wrote:
      History of Slovakia - Struggle for Survival by Kirshbaum is still in
      print and an excellent, affordable regional and political overview.
      Readily obtainable from B&N, Amazon, etc.
      Bill Tarkulich

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 6, 2003
        Gil,

        Sounds interesting. Where did you locate "A Concise History of Slovakia" ?

        ______________
        Bill Tarkulich

        I agree that the book, "History of Slovakia - Struggle for Survival" by
        Kirshbaum is an excellent read about the Slovak land and its people.

        I have just started to read "A Concise History of Slovakia" and find it
        very interesting with a little more detail than Kirshbaum provides in his
        book.

        The book is the work of ten Slovak authors and is editied by Elena Mannová.

        Bill Tarkulich <bill@...> wrote:
        History of Slovakia - Struggle for Survival by Kirshbaum is still in print
        and an excellent, affordable regional and political overview. Readily
        obtainable from B&N, Amazon, etc. Bill Tarkulich

        http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/FvNolB/TM
      • Alan Antoska
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 6, 2003
          Bill,
          The ISBN is 80-88880-42-4
          Published by Academic Electronic Press in 2000.
          Hard cover copy cost SK912 in Bratislava book stores.
          I purchased my copy May 2003 in B'lava.

          --- Bill Tarkulich <bill@...> wrote: > Gil,

          > Sounds interesting. Where did you locate "A Concise
          > History of Slovakia" ?
          >
          > ______________
          > Bill Tarkulich

          http://search.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Search
        • Doug & Janet Kozlay
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 6, 2003
            It's available on amazon.com.

            Janet

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 6, 2003
              Hi Bill,

              A cousin from Banska Bystrica sent me the book.

              It appears however that the book may be available from several sources based on recent postings.

              ISBN 80-88880-42-4 is correct.

              Gil

              Bill Tarkulich <bill@...> wrote:
              History of Slovakia - Struggle for Survival by Kirshbaum is still in print
              and an excellent, affordable regional and political overview. Readily
              obtainable from B&N, Amazon, etc. Bill Tarkulich

              http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
              http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/FvNolB/TM

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsordocument.write('');